• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How was everybodies weekend..

Hey All,

The weekend is unfortunately almost over. How was everybodies weekend? Anybody hit the beach or the mountains? My weekend was pretty good...I stayed over at my parents house to dog-sit. Yesterday was my Date and I think I was gone for like 9 hours which is a long time to be away from the intranetz. Today was the ultimate Lazy Sunday. I slept late, had an uber good breakfast from Wegmans..chilled with my parents a little bit when they got home from their trip and took a three hour afternoon nap with the air conditioning blasting. My laundry is finished in the dryer..and I'm going to shower and go out for dinner and some drinks somewhere. I'm actually looking forward to a nice productive workweek..the boss is back so I need to stay off the net...doh:spin:

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
crazy crazy weekend. all sorts of celebs. lots of drinking and making fun of each other. we where laughing so hard this morrning that i almost loosing my voice. i am so glad fashion week is over. now i can get back to a slightly more normal week. only have one big event to deal with this week and its just a big corp presentation.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Mine was pretty busy, my father-in-law brought over over a cord of firewood on Saturday. Well, I was only expecting about 1/2 cord, so I had to run over to the office to grab some extra pallets. I hate going to the office on my days off, even when it benefits me. So it took a few hours to move all of this wood off his trailer and into my backyard via wheelbarrow. After that a financial adviser I'm interviewing came over to show me his proposals on what to do with my portfolio. He was about 30 mins early and I didn't have time to shower after moving the wood. Great impressions again... I also smoked 3 racks of baby back ribs to perfection using a combination of cherry and hickory wood.

Today we cleaned the entire house & did laundry. I had wanted to have a lazy day, bu the wife wouldn't hear of it. Grilled some chicken for dinner and now I'm filling out paperwork for another adviser I'm considering. I'm taking a night class, every Monday, which means I won't get home until almost 10pm tomorrow. This week will be just like the rest, except my best guy is on vacation.

SkiDork

Sat night I and a bunch of other folks from KZone (some post on here) attended the wedding of 2 KZoners.

deadheadskier

Staff member
You were in my neck of the woods? Who was playing?

They actually hold it in Greenfield, Mass. They have one festival on Memorial Day weekend and one to end the summer in September. Marc and Gab who put on the festivals are from Worcester and there are plenty of folks from that neck of the woods who go.

Max Creek headlined, Ryan Mountbleau, Fungus Amungus, Juggling Suns, Umelt, Rev Tor, Stir Fried, The Breakfast.....probably about 40 bands over the three days

yup....institutional investment management business

I read something with Alan Greenspan saying "this is a once in a century event". Today and tomorrow will likely be historic days for the US and Worldwide markets.....

Wow..good thing I don't have any stocks..I wonder what this will do to CD rates..

Moe Ghoul

yup....institutional investment management business

i read something with alan greenspan saying "this is a once in a century event". Today and tomorrow will likely be historic days for the us and worldwide markets.....

greenspan is largely to blame for the asset bubbles . That clown has made one bad call after another that are well documented.

Mildcat

They actually hold it in Greenfield, Mass. They have one festival on Memorial Day weekend and one to end the summer in September. Marc and Gab who put on the festivals are from Worcester and there are plenty of folks from that neck of the woods who go.

Max Creek headlined, Ryan Mountbleau, Fungus Amungus, Juggling Suns, Umelt, Rev Tor, Stir Fried, The Breakfast.....probably about 40 bands over the three days

I guess that is a little ways away from Wormtown. Sounds like a good time though. I checked out their website and I recognized a lot of the bands from playing bars around here.

drjeff

All in all a good weekend. Watched my daughter's gymnastics class Saturday AM (always an entertaining hour with 20 4 and 5 years olds in class). Then went upto NH to see my grandmother whose recovering from hip replacement surgery in the afternoon and then finished off saturday with a nice meal and a couple of cold beers on a deck overlooking Lake Winnipesaukee.

Sunday was all about some tailgating and the NASCAR race at Loudon. Pretty good race, and some really good rib eyes on the grill to complement the cold beer. And to top it off, the Patriots beat the Jets!

Mildcat

Then went upto NH to see my grandmother whose recovering from hip replacement surgery

I hope your grandmother will be ready for the start of ski season. :wink:

Seriously, I hope she has a speedy recovery.

drjeff

I hope your grandmother will be ready for the start of ski season. :wink:

Seriously, I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Thanks, it was her 2nd hip replacement this summer! :eek: The 1st one back in June went so well that she then realized how much her remaining natural "good hip" was bothering her so she went for hip #2 as soon as her Docs cleared her of it!

She's a very spry 85 and was practically doing laps around me with the walker this weekend! ;)

BigJay

Busy weekend for sure... but still able to enjoy it...

Went for a hike on the Long Trail on Sat morning... In and Out from R-105... Fast pace... ran into a couple of people... I tought we would have been alone... Weather was a bit warm and hazy for my likings...

Rest of the weekend was spent cutting downfalls and various trees around the house to gather wood for the winter... Our reserve was pretty low... so we had to go a bit further into the woods then normal. Chainsaw and wheelbarrel sums it up... Now every muscles ache! Biking and hiking is a lot easier!

Repeat that for the next 2-3 weekends and we'll be all set for a cold winter!