• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter 11/22/07

Hawkshot99

Thanksgiving morning, several friends and I decided to get in morning turns before dinner.

Met at the mountain and were ready to go by 9. Hopped on the High speed to the summit. It was very weird getting on a lift and seeing NO snow anywhere. As we rode over hellgate we could see it was pretty bumped up.

Well my first run of the year was down a decently moguled up Hellgate:cry::-o. I was pretty tired after just that. Helgate turned into 7th ave. which was really nice. The snow was real wide so bumps were not forming. There was a small kicker set up on skiers right of 7th. At the bottom of 7th. you turned to the right, and were funneled through a narrowing snow area. At first it wasn't bad but as the day went on you needed to either hop over the dirt patch or sacrifice your bases.:-o

Skied for 2 hours and hopped back on the quad and rode down. I was nervous going over those cliffs being able to see down, it's no problem going up! The view as we went down was awesome!

It was a rough day, with it being first time out, and the conditions but was alot of fun.

Like he said. Softer than yesterday. Lost a bit of snow. Sunny once again, a few sprinkles. Bumps on Hellgate were great. Now 10pm, making snow to the base. Should be awesome by Saturday.

kingslug

Man I hope the guys I'm meeting up there from work can handle this. I doubt they will be able to deal with moguls, especialy the one with 3 whole days under his belt...in his life. But he's 21 so he can handle falling all day.

millerm277

Man I hope the guys I'm meeting up there from work can handle this. I doubt they will be able to deal with moguls, especialy the one with 3 whole days under his belt...in his life. But he's 21 so he can handle falling all day.

Do him a favor, and keep him on the B lift. Trying to ski a bumped up Hellgate, especially if all the traffic is going down it, is not going to go too well.