• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter - 12/1

Greg

Staff member
Wow, they did get whacked, but it's hard to tell exactly how much is left up on Hellgate. The can probably link together those patches leading down to Broadway pretty easily. Maybe they'll do a soft opening via F lift with downloading on the quad?

millerm277

Wow all the snow hunter made is gone from the storm. I have to be honest, even a Sunday opening at this point may not occur.

See the Hunter webcam - Link below:

http://www.huntermtn.com/huntermtn/webcams.aspx

NOAA 1807ft Hunter, NY:

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 23. West wind between 3 and 6 mph.

Saturday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph.

Saturday Night: A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

They'll be open. :smile: Worst possible case, they've opened with F-lift and quad download, but with continuous snowmaking from friday night all the way to opening, I'm pretty sure they'll be open sunday, considering the sheer amount of firepower they have setup there.

bvibert

Staff member
Wow, they did get whacked, but it's hard to tell exactly how much is left up on Hellgate. The can probably link together those patches leading down to Broadway pretty easily. Maybe they'll do a soft opening via F lift with downloading on the quad?

I didn't think it looked like they had enough laid down at midstation for it to withstand much rain. :( I hope the cold temps return soon so they can get that monster of a snowmaking system back on! :fangun:

JimG.

Staff member
They'll be open, and the Poma and Snowdon Quad are slated to be open by Saturday I think.

Thanks, figured they would be.

I've kind of calmed down since yesterday...my jones has been way off the hook lately.

Realized I'm better off just skiing Hunter on Sunday and saving the expense and time involved going to K for when there is actually something really worth skiing there.

tarponhead

"The rain is over, the sun is coming out, and we're waiting for the cold to arrive. We hope to be open top to bottom on Sunday on the main line, Hellgate-7th Ave-Kennedy-5th Ave. We're pretty confident about this."

As of today. Good enough for this mutt.

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
The website has confilicting reports. On the snow report it says opening Sunday, on the main page it says stay tuned for a midweek opening, please say it aint so!:cry:

Watch for a midweek opening.

After looking at today's weather forecast, we've decided to hold off on opening until sometime next week. We had anticipated making snow today (Friday), but the weather is just out of reach for snowmaking. As a result, opening on Sunday would be very difficult given the predicted temperatures. We've chosen to keep the lifts closed and concentrate on snowaking, which will start tonight or Saturday morning.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant take this anymore!!!!!

JimG.

Staff member
Ready to destroy something at this point.

Guess I will have to go to K this weekend after all.

ULLR is pissed about something I guess.

tarponhead

%^$%$$#@....

Looks like Belleayre or Windham for Sunday, but if the snow making beast can't do it, why should I expect these areas to open.....