• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Improvements you'd make?

bobbutts

For Gunstock I'd say lights to the top of Panorama is the big one.

Saw this pic on FB which reminded me of this thread.
fb-cannon.jpg

Also noticed that the entire front five pod is all hardwood trees.. Must be some story behind that?

jerseydaze

Hunter
Remove Rare Bird or Bears or what ever cut some new trails on the mountain the zipline goes to

Bellayre
Ars cushions on the Super Quad ,reuse the old t bar at the top to get to catheral brook and highmount of course

Mountain Creek
Put a chair or real gondola in place of the ore bucket,only allow new your city skiers on the mountain after 3pm on weekends and give the skiers back south

Cannonball

Also noticed that the entire front five pod is all hardwood trees.. Must be some story behind that?

Just nature. Throughout the whites the hardwoods are mostly at the lower elevations. And actually those front 5 trees are mostly birch which can handle somewhat higher elevations and harsher conditions as compared to other local hardwoods.

4aprice

For my home bump CBK Pa. Start seeding bumps on Rodo and the skiers right of Cliffhanger. Keep one of the front 4 naturally bumped. Improve the lighting. Install a new HSQ in the underused middle part of the mountain or at least run Marc Antoney chair more often. (Really dreaming) Add new fixed grip chair to far east side and extend down to tubing park giving mountain an honest 1000 ft vertical.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

C-Rex

I'd like to see some hostel or dorm type lodging around mountains. Like lodges where you can get a bed and a locker for your stuff for like $20-$30/night. Shared bathrooms would be fine. I would do a lot more solo, multi-day trips if there were cheap places to stay.

ScottySkis

I'd like to see some hostel or dorm type lodging around mountains. Like lodges where you can get a bed and a locker for your stuff for like $20-$30/night. Shared bathrooms would be fine. I would do a lot more solo, multi-day trips if there were cheap places to stay.

I love that, I only know of a few in the North east. Some great hostels in SLC.

Morwax

Why not get a job and bring some money to the resort?

bendzeeknees

Cannon: thin out and widen the upper glades - Lost Boys, Go Green and Global Warming could all use a little TLC. The pitch of these slopes combined with them being narrow really lends them to track out fast...and cut the stumps to the ground, not 2' off the ground. Tram houses: They should figure out a way to utilize the bottom of the tram better. A gift shop I never see anyone in and all that space where the "Old Man of the Mountain Museum" is just dead space...and use the wood burning stove down there again. At the top of the tram they need to keep the doors off the deck closed and just use the entrance from where the tram cars enter. This would create a better air lock, otherwise those tables near the doors are almost unbearable. Finally take the couches and move them all down to the bar area and put more tables on the right side.

Puck it

Cannon: thin out and widen the upper glades - Lost Boys, Go Green and Global Warming could all use a little TLC. The pitch of these slopes combined with them being narrow really lends them to track out fast...and cut the stumps to the ground, not 2' off the ground.

You realize that these were not cleared by the Cannon personnel. They were only added to the trail map aboout five or six years ago. Lot of stink when they did this.

MadMadWorld

You realize that these were not cleared by the Cannon personnel. They were only added to the trail map aboout five or six years ago. Lot of stink when they did this.

Never skied these but once a mountain adds something to their trail map, they have a responsibility to maintain them.

Puck it

Never skied these but once a mountain adds something to their trail map, they have a responsibility to maintain them.

True but they are glades too. And don't touch them. They ski great when fresh. Like tomorrow if that damn hole would go away.

bendzeeknees

Yes I know, got to ski them back in the day before they were on the map, but I feel like if they put them on the trail map then why not make them all that much better a little pruning and a little widening would go a long way. BTW- I'm surprised they haven't added the other unofficial glades- that photo clearly shows them...