• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I've got a treat for you bacon lovers!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I know that's so bad, but it looks soooooooooooo good. :lol:

My daughter was watching next to me and she said, "Mom, I like this cooking show." When I explained it wasn't healthy though, she replied, "That's right! Apples and carrots are healthy!" :D Good girl!

bvibert

Staff member
I know that's so bad, but it looks soooooooooooo good. :lol:

My daughter was watching next to me and she said, "Mom, I like this cooking show." When I explained it wasn't healthy though, she replied, "That's right! Apples and carrots are healthy!" :D Good girl!

Apples and carrots wrapped in bacon?

drjeff

While bacon will probably be included in some form or another, it's mega fried food fest by my house starting tonight and continuing for 4 days in the form of my local fair! I've been seeing trailers advertising fried dough, fried twinkies, fried hot dogs, fried candy bars, clam cakes, etc, etc, etc driving by my house on the way to the fairgrounds! Just watching them arriving all week I think has my cholesterol up 10 points ;)

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
One bacon recipe per day:
http://baconshow.blogspot.com/

Made candied bacon chocolate chip cookies yesterday. Used the recipe from the milk chocolate Ghiradelli chips bag, substituting half of the milk chocolate chips with 60% cacao chips and adding in about 10 strips of candied bacon, chopped. How do you candy the bacon? Lay the strips out on a broiler pan and sprinkle brown sugar over them; bake at 375*F for 12 minutes; flip, sprinkle more brown sugar; bake for 12 more minutes at 375*F then broil for a couple minutes. Lay out on a cooling rack. YUM.

The candied bacon was pretty good. I'm not 100% sure how I feel about the cookies, though Brian seemed to like them. I sent in a couple dozen with him to Sundown today so we'll see what the consensus is from the lift ops.

I'm thinking of making these next:
Peanut Butter and Bacon Truffles

Last edited:

bvibert

Staff member
One bacon recipe per day:
http://baconshow.blogspot.com/

Made candied bacon chocolate chip cookies yesterday. Used the recipe from the milk chocolate Ghiradelli chips bag, substituting half of the milk chocolate chips with 60% cacoa chips and adding in about 10 strips of candied bacon, chopped. How do you candy the bacon? Lay the strips out on a broiler pan and sprinkle brown sugar over them; bake at 375*F for 12 minutes; flip, sprinkle more brown sugar; bake for 12 more minutes at 375*F then broil for a couple minutes. Lay out on a cooling rack. YUM.

The candied bacon was pretty good. I'm not 100% sure how I feel about the cookies, though Brian seemed to like them. I sent in a couple dozen with him to Sundown today so we'll see what the consensus is from the lift ops.

I'm thinking of making these next:
Peanut Butter and Bacon Truffles

I thought bacon cookies would be gross, but they're actually pretty good. All the lifties and other Sundown employees who had one seemed to like them too.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
attachment.php

http://www.geekologie.com/2009/02/07/bacon-chart-2.jpg

Geoff

I'm pretty sure that one of the K-zone regulars (can't remeber which one now off the top of my head) made that for their house last spring and it got RAVE reviews!

That would be "First Scrape" and his wife "SheCanSki". Not exactly a regulars but they're in the share house with G-Smashed, Phantom, IronmanWannaBe, ....

drjeff

That would be "First Scrape" and his wife "SheCanSki". Not exactly a regulars but they're in the share house with G-Smashed, Phantom, IronmanWannaBe, ....

Thanks geoff, I feel better now knowing that I wasn't imagining seeing that bacony goodness on Kzone!

And suddenly I'm getting a craving for a BLT for lunch today! :rolleyes: