• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I've got a treat for you bacon lovers!

bvibert

Staff member
Anyone seen this yet?

100405-kfc-hmed-1115a.hmedium.jpg

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36179954/ns/business-consumer_news/

Looks like pure genius to me.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I've spent a little too much time browsing bacon recipes on Tastespotting lately.... I now have in my tabs recipes for: Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies, Pig Candy (AKA Bacon Peanut Brittle), Bacon Toffee, Bacon Toffee Scones, Bacon Bourbon Blondies, Bacon Caramels, Buttermilk Bacon Pralines, Candied Bacon Studded Dark Chocolate Rounds.... Drool.

In my quest, I came across the follow-up to the Bacon Explosion: The Bacon Implosion.

Grassi21

My local bagel shop has bacon cream cheese.... I have been addicted to it since I discovered it a few months back.

bvibert

Staff member
It can't be too hard to make yourself. Just need to have an idea of what seasonings they use and mix it in at home.

Lets just say I would be open to trying a homemade batch if there just happened to be some when I got home today. ;)

Riverskier

This past weekend at a local restaurant I started with tempura fried bacon, then had a pig belly reuben (pig belly is the part of the pig bacon comes from) with bacon dusted fries (thats right, bacon dust). All quite delicious, but didn't feel so hot a couple hours later.

ctenidae

This past weekend at a local restaurant I started with tempura fried bacon, then had a pig belly reuben (pig belly is the part of the pig bacon comes from) with bacon dusted fries (thats right, bacon dust). All quite delicious, but didn't feel so hot a couple hours later.

Your cardiologist, on the other hand, is excited about getting to add a new wing to his house.