• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak Pow!

fbrissette

BC or well off map?

Pretty skeptical fresh lines that deep wo a decent amount of snow could exist at Jay. Especially given the hoards. Either way, nice job finding it WTH you were!

Slackcountry. Little to no effort although the danger of having to bushwack back to the resort really exists if you're too greedy.

dlague

I saw this pic too on FB and it confused me. Didn't think there's been enough snow for glades to be fresh, makes be wonder if that's near Jay, but not on-map.

As someone else posted - Sunday was really nice in the morning about 4-6 inches of new snow played well in the glades. The day before, the glades were in pretty good shape. I did not ski it but I was told that Kitz Woods was tough in the troughs! I found well defined areas in the glades where many people passed through tended to be scraped off or thin. Larger gladed areas where you could pick your path - well that was much nicer.

JDMRoma

We should do an un official AZ day at Jay Peak !….Show up and Go !
They still do the discount tickets for Season pass holders of any other mountain for $45, just show up to Customer relations with your Season pass from any other mountain…Good deal !

Ive never been….its on my to do list !

dlague

I need to find some of these stashes - I think I stay too close to the trails out of fear of going out of bounds too far and having to hoof it back!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

JDMRoma

Mid week or weekend ? I can do either ....only Saturday I cant do it is on the 22nd.

crank

I need to find some of these stashes - I think I stay too close to the trails out of fear of going out of bounds too far and having to hoof it back!

You can keep going out for quite a long way. Just head back when you start to see tracks traversing back towards the Jet.

xwhaler

Mid week or weekend ? I can do either ....only Saturday I cant do it is on the 22nd.

I'd consider a long road trip with some AZ'ers for sometime late March/April to Jay. Likely heading to Bolton this Sat instead of Jay so will still have a Fox44 voucher to use.
Only available wknds at this point.

fbrissette

You can keep going out for quite a long way. Just head back when you start to see tracks traversing back towards the Jet.

There are so many tracks heading to the dip that it can be misleading. Despite skiing the Orchard hundreds of times, two days ago I was too greedy, went too far right and had to endure the walk of shame back to the resort for the first time. Snow was real good however.

As to the resort other end, I would not recommend any exploring without skins, touring bindings and a minimum of experience.

crank

There are so many tracks heading to the dip that it can be misleading. Despite skiing the Orchard hundreds of times, two days ago I was too greedy, went too far right and had to endure the walk of shame back to the resort for the first time. Snow was real good however.

As to the resort other end, I would not recommend any exploring without skins, touring bindings and a minimum of experience.

You can ski all the way out to the edge of the dip and still come back to the lift. Only reason to come out too low is either not paying attention or being too greedy. When you suddenly notice that you can lay down fresh tracks anywhere you go - you have gone too far. I had spend entire days skiing the OB off of Jet. I have not gone out on the other side, other than Big Jay through the gate.