• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

JHMR Plans to Blast Alta Chutes

AdironRider

The Alta Chutes are the headline, but based on that map it doesn't look like they plan to neuter 1 or 2 but 3, which in big snow years is already basically a groomer.

The real sadness is the loss of North Woods, which was one of the best little hidden shots on the mountain. Steep, great tree spacing, awesome little shot that is going to get hosed. Really don't see the point of putting a groomer there as it is just as steep as the part of R trail they are trying to bypass for the most part.

raisingarizona

“The ecological damage will be disastrous”

That’s ridiculous. No one will probably see a difference other than the skiing feeling more flow y down Alta 3. If you’re a real bad ass you don’t give a crap about A-3.

Alta Zero will be still intact, go drop that on a powder morning right under a loaded chair like a boss.

BodeMiller1

RESPECT THE MOUNTAIN. File under: you've got to be f####@@@ kidding me. Blowing up snow drifts, maybe. Just blowing stuff up to blow it up?

What's next knocking down the grade of whoville at Sunday River from 5% to 3%. I'll never make it up the lip of the jump. :spread:

Razor

Funny story. Years ago we took our two sons, then in their mid teens, to JH. Riding up the lift. we looked over to Alta Chutes and I remarked that I can't believe anyone skis those. My kids looked over and said, "Ah Dad, we did those this morning a couple of times.." That's how much I know.