• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington November 7th

Geoff

Great Northern at the top
5154928384_61b9440646_b.jpg

From the Catwalk ladies tee walking out
5154401911_599faab2d8_b.jpg

Rime from the triple

The line at the Glades Triple

deadheadskier

Staff member
Sunday River had about 5-10 minute line both at the bottom and mid-station of the Locke Triple. Not too bad.

Coverage is clearly better at Killington right now. T2 at SR is in excellent shape, but the rest of what was open was pretty thin.

neil

I ended up at Killington today. It was great. The quality of snow is excellent. Edge to edge coverage with only a couple of bare spots visible by the end of the day on a couple of trails.

Snow was great too. Got a bit skied off towards the end of the day, but was very edgeable all day.

The lift line was crazy it has to be said. I heard from several people that today was busier than Saturday. I wasn't expecting that. At the worst the lift line was a good 15-20 minutes. The trails never got that crowded though to be honest.

Snow guns were running on Double Dipper when I got there around 10am, and guns were running all day on Great Northern. Some guns going on nearby trails that are currently closed too.

The walkway is not that long. Is a bit tiring after a day of riding/skiing. Several people were whining about it, but it was totally worth it IMO to get out for a day of turns.

I'm very pleased to get my first day in this early. Also pleased to have started it at Killington, where my season was forcefully ended there last season after I broke my collar bone there. I'm not ashamed to admit that the first run of the day I was pretty scared - by the end of the day I wasn't even thinking about it

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm wondering if the Warren Miller twofer has something to do with K being busier today than yesterday. They are not valid on Saturdays.

SkiDork

I was able to get through that line in 12 minutes on average. AFA hiking the stairs, I changed into sneakers, strapped the skis to a pack and it wasn't bad at all.

Greg

Staff member
Great pics and video, Geoff. Thanks!