• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington this weekend? 11/20-21

zinger3000

Just wondering if the triple at Killington has a singles line and if it's appreciably shorter than the regular line on weekends this time of year.

mister moose

If we said yes it was appreciably shorter and so consequently more people used it next weekend, and then it wasn't shorter, and based on our answer you made the drive and were disappointed at how long the singles line was, would that serve your purpose?

zinger3000

I'd be going by myself, so I would be using the singles line legitimately. But yeah, if groups split themselves up and use the singles line, there's no benefit. Really itching to get some turns in, but I can't justify waiting 12-15 minutes most of the day.

mondeo

It was quicker this weekend, but only by a minute or two. Hopefully they get good production later this week and can get upper Snowdon open, maybe even T2B. I suspect the singles line for the Poma won't offer any real benefit.

Geoff

I didn't think the singles line was enough qucker to bother with. It's more social to be in there with the masses.

zinger3000

According to snocountry.com, 3 other ski areas in Vermont are scheduled to open this weekend. I wonder if that will thin out the crowds at least a little bit.

skiingsnow

According to snocountry.com, 3 other ski areas in Vermont are scheduled to open this weekend. I wonder if that will thin out the crowds at least a little bit.

Stowe, Sugarbush and Okemo all say on their websites that they are scheduled to open Sat Nov 20, and they have said that for weeks. But given the weather who knows if they will be open.....

mondeo

Stowe, Sugarbush and Okemo all say on their websites that they are scheduled to open Sat Nov 20, and they have said that for weeks. But given the weather who knows if they will be open.....
Okemo's conditions page has pushed off the date. Mount Snow probably has an ok shot at it (and will at least have their park open,) not sure about anyone else. Too short a window unless you have a strong snowmaking system.

skiingsnow

Okemo's conditions page has pushed off the date. Mount Snow probably has an ok shot at it (and will at least have their park open,) not sure about anyone else. Too short a window unless you have a strong snowmaking system.

I knew Okemo would end up pushing their date back, sounds like Mount Snow is hoping to open sometime next week - I doubt they will open this weekend, they make no mention of the walk to park and in years past they have let it close up before opening so that may very well not be available either. The other two will have colder weather so maybe they have a chance but that chance seems pretty low for Saturday...

drjeff

Mount Snow's mini park is done. They pulled the features off that trail yesterday per their GM's blog, next to be set up over at Carinthia when they open up over there after a good window of snowmaking temps arrives. Based on what they're saying on their passholders site and Facebook page, I'd suspect that Mount Snow will spin their lifts next Wednesday (they'll likely have enough snow come Monday or Tuesday based on the forcast, but from a business standpoint I'd suspect they'll hold off until Wednesday or possibly even Thanksgiving day)

gmcunni

Okemo's conditions page has pushed off the date.

didn't think things looked good for Okemo when i drove by the other day -

P1030959.JPG

P1030960.JPG

4aprice

Unlucky me.:cry: I have to be in the Rutland area Saturday for a college visit with my daughter. I had really hoped for a day at Killington Sunday but think I'll save the lodging costs and head back home. Will try again the weekend before Christmas. Got a hold of a couple of those 2 for 1 or free day at Pico. Along with a free day at Jay with my Camelback pass I'm loving Vermont this year. Here's a dream, Magic and Camelback become partners and I'm really loving Vermont.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
Unlucky me.:cry: I have to be in the Rutland area Saturday for a college visit with my daughter. I had really hoped for a day at Killington Sunday but think I'll save the lodging costs and head back home. Will try again the weekend before Christmas. Got a hold of a couple of those 2 for 1 or free day at Pico. Along with a free day at Jay with my Camelback pass I'm loving Vermont this year. Here's a dream, Magic and Camelback become partners and I'm really loving Vermont.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

You going to see Castleton or Green Mtn College?

4aprice

You going to see Castleton or Green Mtn College?

Castleton. She saw it during the summer and loved it. She's interested in Elementry Education. She also currently teaches skiing at our local mountain Camelback Pa and wants to continue working during college, perhaps at Killington.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
Castleton. She saw it during the summer and loved it. She's interested in Elementry Education. She also currently teaches skiing at our local mountain Camelback Pa and wants to continue working during college, perhaps at Killington.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Thats funny. My son is a Freshman there and Loves it! If you have any questions, send me a PM.

moguler6

Killington may be skiing top to bottom this weekend, the guns are lit all the way to the base right now!