• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Latest Netflix Selection?

ScottySkis

"Tree of Life" was like watching a tree grow. True, a very beautiful tree, but that's about how slow it was.

If you want something that grabs you by the collar and doesn't let go, try "Warrior." The storyline is as intense as the mixed martial arts tournament it depicts. Tom Hardy, Joel Edgerton and Nick Nolte deliver performances you won't soon forget. It's a double leg take down, a full nelson winner.
"As fight films go, Warrior is as gutsy as they get, with not just a big cash prize at stake but a whole family." -rottentomatoes

11158301_det.jpg
Tree of Life a little long and confusing with outer space stuff, i wanted to like it but couldn't

ScottySkis

I haven't seen the tree of life yet just from the description it didn't sound like a movie with ... ermmm .. aliens lol

i did not say aliens i said planets and it does read the review or watch ask someone who seen the movie , i thought i was tripping in movie has planets and some outer space wierd thing going on

EllenK

Started Season 1 of Breaking Bad last night....good show so far...not mind blowing amazing but I like it.

speden

I watched "Dr. Strangelove" with my son yesterday (he picked it out). I thought it would be boring, but it turned out to be good.

Kind of a classic black and white dark comedy from the 60's. It was both funny and slightly disturbing. Great performances by Peter Sellers (who played multiple parts) and George C. Scott. I didn't know Sellers was so versatile and good with accents. The short but creepy scenes where Sellers plays Dr. Strangelove really stole the show.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Started Season 1 of Breaking Bad last night....good show so far...not mind blowing amazing but I like it.

It's a good show, I think it gets better and better with each season. I've watched up through Season 4.

My wife and I started watching Walking Dead again, renting on Netflix. Kinda expensive though at like $2.99 an episode in HD.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Started Breaking Bad, thanks to too many people recommending it last week. Interesting... certainly faring better for me than Mad Men, which I keep watching because I want to like it, but more than anything, I just hate Don Draper.

Geoff

Cowboys and Aliens....weak, not reccomended!

I own the Blu Ray and should have waited for it to hit the $5.00 bin. It at least looks nice on a 50" plasma. The writing and directing is a total failure. A movie with Harrison Ford, Daniel Craig, and Olivia Wilde in it could have been very compelling.

Kerovick

It was weak but still ok-ish. If your not expecting anything specialyou won't be disapointed.

If all else fails you could just oogle Oliva Wilde

legalskier

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
If you liked Pulp Fiction you'll enjoy this early Guy Ritchie English gangsta film that doesn't take itself too seriously. Entertaining, clever, funny, with some terrific characters (yes, that's Sting playing the serious father of one of the lads), all of its positive attributes overcome subplots that seem just a bit too contrived. Whatever, I enjoyed it.

jlboyell

If you liked Pulp Fiction you'll enjoy this early Guy Ritchie English gangsta film that doesn't take itself too seriously. Entertaining, clever, funny, with some terrific characters (yes, that's Sting playing the serious father of one of the lads), all of its positive attributes overcome subplots that seem just a bit too contrived. Whatever, I enjoyed it.

also on that list is snatch, watch snatch first, then go back to lock stock. both good movies

ctenidae

Great movie, I think. Some of the cinematography is great.

ScottySkis

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrelso
If you liked Pulp Fiction you'll enjoy this early Guy Ritchie English gangsta film that doesn't take itself too seriously. Entertaining, clever, funny, with some terrific characters (yes, that's Sting playing the serious father of one of the lads), all of its positive attributeso overcome subplots that seem just a bit too contrived. Whatever, I enjoyed it.

I love Pulp Fiction my favorite movie, but I didn't like Lock, Stock, and 2 Smoking Barrels to much.

Last edited: