• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Local ski area breakfast spots???

They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day..what are some ski area breakfast spots you'd recommend. Extra steezy points to places that open early. Here is a short list to get started..if you have a short minute..add your suggestions....

Blue mountain...Blue Mountain Drive Inn(2 miles from the slopes..breakfast and lunch food served at the same time...frequent coffee refills and a good jelly selection..

Stowe....McCarthys..great corned beef hash..opens early..right off the main drag..
The Bagel...opens early..always the place for inside info about snowfall, and what's happening around town.

Killington..East Rutland McDonalds on Route 4..If you want first tracks and a sausage McMuffin,,,hit up the McDonalds on Route 4..you're going to pay through the nose on the mountain for any food or drink so get a McMuffin meal for $4..The McDonalds in Stowe became Hanna Hibachi house but that was the slowest McDonalds in the world..RIP Stowe McDonalds..

Belleayre..head downstairs into the cafeteria for breakfast..everything is made fresh to order..and specials abound. Alot better than rest stop food..

Jackson Hole..

In Town..Pearl Street Bagel..Opens at 6AM..so great when you're on east coast time..hot girls work there who love to hear my freestyle raps about apple juice..Expensive coffee and most hotels have free coffee..but they have all the espresso typo gizmos..and lots of newspapers to read.

On Mountain..Nick Wilsons..Breakfast burritos, specials, and texas toast..opens 2 hours before the lifts..a good place to look over the trail map and plan your assault..

Airport...if your morning flight is delayed..check out the cafe in the airport..great views and all food is made to order..lots of cowboy hats..gift shop right there with newstand.

add yours...:spread::spread:

gmcunni

most of my skiing is made up of day trips so i usually hit dunkin donuts as i head to the highway. sausage, egg + cheese on toasted everything bagel. large coffee, cream only.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I'll 2nd GSS's praise of the Blue Mtn Drive In. Good food, dirt cheap.

Killington, if I don't eat where I'm staying, I'll stop at the Killington Mart for an egg sandwich & coffee

Best bagels of all time - Sonny's Bagels in South Orange NJ. The family has been making bagels since the 30's. Same family now owns the Bagels 4 U stores.

deadheadskier

Staff member
A DHS homemade maple sausage egg and cheese sandwich. Honestly, after making my own breakfast sausage, I don't think I could stomach a McD's or D&D breakfast sandwich again. Maybe bacon, but not sausage. I'm not tooting my own horn on my sausage making prowess, it's just that once you make sausage on your own, it becomes apparent right away all the garbage that must go into most store bought or fast food sausage.

If I had a place to cure it, I'd make my own bacon too.

ccskier

They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day..what are some ski area breakfast spots you'd recommend. Extra steezy points to places that open early. Here is a short list to get started..if you have a short minute..add your suggestions....

Blue mountain...Blue Mountain Drive Inn(2 miles from the slopes..breakfast and lunch food served at the same time...frequent coffee refills and a good jelly selection..

Stowe....McCarthys..great corned beef hash..opens early..right off the main drag..
The Bagel...opens early..always the place for inside info about snowfall, and what's happening around town.

Killington..East Rutland McDonalds on Route 4..If you want first tracks and a sausage McMuffin,,,hit up the McDonalds on Route 4..you're going to pay through the nose on the mountain for any food or drink so get a McMuffin meal for $4..The McDonalds in Stowe became Hanna Hibachi house but that was the slowest McDonalds in the world..RIP Stowe McDonalds..

Belleayre..head downstairs into the cafeteria for breakfast..everything is made fresh to order..and specials abound. Alot better than rest stop food..

Jackson Hole..

In Town..Pearl Street Bagel..Opens at 6AM..so great when you're on east coast time..hot girls work there who love to hear my freestyle raps about apple juice..Expensive coffee and most hotels have free coffee..but they have all the espresso typo gizmos..and lots of newspapers to read.

On Mountain..Nick Wilsons..Breakfast burritos, specials, and texas toast..opens 2 hours before the lifts..a good place to look over the trail map and plan your assault..

Airport...if your morning flight is delayed..check out the cafe in the airport..great views and all food is made to order..lots of cowboy hats..gift shop right there with newstand.

add yours...:spread::spread:

Next time you are in Stowe, check out breakfast at the Gables, I think best in town.

frozencorn

Usually always hit the bagel for a quick bite, McCarthy's if I'm taking my time in town with the wife. Never tried the Gables though. Putting it on the list.

Patch's Market in Glen makes a killer egg sandwich if you're en route the Wildcat.

thetrailboss

Staff member
You choose McDonald's as the breakfast spot for Killington?????

I think you miss a cool opportunity here. I would use this thread to outline some of the unique places to eat before hitting the slopes. That said:

*Burke Mountain: hit the Ms. Lyndonville Diner.
*Killington: Midway Diner in Rutland.

Last edited:

loafer89

On the way up to Killington for our first day of the season we stopped at Cracker Barrel in Springfield. That one meal usually keeps me going until nearly dinner time.

frozencorn

My wife and I spend our anniversary in Stowe every year (TopNotch reception, in Sept. unfortunately) and we usually spend a good 2 hours on the weekend bellied up at the bar at Ye Olde. Some traditions you never want to see die.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Wagon Wheel Restaurant - Gill, Mass on Rte 2, just E of I-91
Where the locals eat. All American Breakfast, the works, meat, potatoes, eggs, toast, I think I paid $4.

Bea's Cafe, Conway NH
Another where the locals eat. Another all-American. Everybody knows everyone. Just as cheap.
The problem last time was that the food was so good I missed the opening lift....

Spotted Cow, Waitsfield VT
Reasonably priced, huge servings, feels like Mom and Dad are serving you.

Last edited:

drjeff

Dot's at Mount Snow (either location) we just tend to eat at the West Dover location in ski season and the Wilmington location in non ski season (less travel time to and from the West Dover one for us)

LOVE their pancakes

You choose McDonald's as the breakfast spot for Killington?????

I chose McDonolds as the breakfast spot for Killington because of it's convenience..I stay in Rutland when I ski the BigK and hitting up a drive through on the way to the slopes means I can be in line for first chair quicker..plus it's the only place I've ever had breakfast in Rutland..Here in PA when you go to a McDonalds there's usually 10 cars in line but at the Rutland McDonalds..I usually zip right through..by Pico I throw down a sausage egg and steeze McMuffin and a hash brown then a quick safety meeting driving up the access road..:snow:

The problem I have is that many resorts restaurants don't start breakfast until TOO LATE in the morning (like 8AM!)

I agree..at the Mountain road resort at Stowe..they don't serve breakfast until 8AM..which stinks since the quad opens at 730AM..at places I've stayed more geared toward business travellers like Hampton Inns..breakfast is usually served started at 6:00AM or so. One thing is for sure..in ski towns..alot less people are up and about at 630AM then in the big city..a much more leisurely pace..

snowmonster

Now that I ski in Maine, it's usually McD or DD on Route 1.

Before I was converted, I was a Killington skier and one of the highlights of the trip was breakfast at the Farmer's Diner in Queechee (right by the gorge). Great corned beef hash, omelettes, pancakes and coffee. Then "all-natural/save the planet/eat local" vibe was quite thick in there. The staff was very friendly and we usually lingered over breakfast chatting with them. They said they didn't want li'l snowmonster to go. One of the things we missed about going to K was the staff (and food) at that diner.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I have heard Snowmonster rave about the Farmer's Diner. It is a good idea and I am glad to see it working.