• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Local ski area breakfast spots???

Euler

The Cup n Saucer in WIlmington on the way to Mt. Snow is a cool diner. Good food, and the seating is cool. It's only counter seating, and the counters are two horsehoe shaped counters in the middle of the room. The waitress works from inside the horseshoes. I've never seen a set up like it anywhere else.

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
King's Corner and Texas Toast in Lincoln, NH I like them both a lot

On the way to Sunday River, the breakfast place that is right off of Route 2 on the left at the lights... can't remember the name but we really like it!

loafer89

For anyone heading east from Sunday River the Route 2 Diner in Rumford Center is a breakfast experience not to be missed. They make everything from scratch and the portions are huge.

We eat breakfast there when staying at the Blue Iris Motel and skiing Sunday River, Mountain and Sugarloaf.

Dr Skimeister

If I'm heading to any of the southern Vermont areas by way of Bennington, I make it a point to hit the Blue Benn Diner. The old railroad car-style diner serves up gourmet quality breakfast.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
North Fork Bagel, Ludlow, VT.
Mad River Coffee Roasters, 3 seconds off I-93 at the Waterville Valley exit, NH
Peg's, N. Woodstock, NH
White Mountain Café, Gorham, NH
White Mountain Bagel, Lincoln, NH

SkiDork

Another cool place to try on the way to Killington if you're coming up 100 is Blanche and Bills

Euler

If I'm heading to any of the southern Vermont areas by way of Bennington, I make it a point to hit the Blue Benn Diner. The old railroad car-style diner serves up gourmet quality breakfast.

+1

The Blue Benn is probably the best diner I've ever eaten at, and I've eaten at many. They are housed in an authentic stainless steel "diner car", have great food, and have a menu spanning traditional diner fare to progresive, amazing vegetarian choices,

jaywbigred

Best bagels of all time - Sonny's Bagels in South Orange NJ. The family has been making bagels since the 30's. Same family now owns the Bagels 4 U stores.

Bagels 4 U makes some decent bagels. Love it when places offer whole wheat everythings and low fat scallion CC. mmm.

I rarely day trip, so my breakfasts are almost always made by moi.

However, I have to say, the breakfast at the main base lodge at Deer Valley was rediculously good. So many good options, it was like being back in college on a Sunday morning.

gozips

My vote for breakfast near Killington/Pico is Sugar and Spice on Rt 4 in Mendon.

Grassi21

A DHS homemade maple sausage egg and cheese sandwich. Honestly, after making my own breakfast sausage, I don't think I could stomach a McD's or D&D breakfast sandwich again. Maybe bacon, but not sausage. I'm not tooting my own horn on my sausage making prowess, it's just that once you make sausage on your own, it becomes apparent right away all the garbage that must go into most store bought or fast food sausage.

If I had a place to cure it, I'd make my own bacon too.

dunkin sausage is the saltiest nastiest sausage i have eaten. and i love salt.

icedtea

I chose McDonolds as the breakfast spot for Killington because of it's convenience..I stay in Rutland when I ski the BigK and hitting up a drive through on the way to the slopes means I can be in line for first chair quicker..plus it's the only place I've ever had breakfast in Rutland..Here in PA when you go to a McDonalds there's usually 10 cars in line but at the Rutland McDonalds..I usually zip right through..by Pico I throw down a sausage egg and steeze McMuffin and a hash brown then a quick safety meeting driving up the access road..:snow:

mcdonalds is nasty. dont eat that shit. stop at the phat italian on the access rd. they have real good sandwiches and open early. same with sun up.

madskier6

When skiing at Sugarbush or MRG, it's tough to beat a breakfast burrito from the Warren Store. You can customize what goes into it & they are very tasty.

I've also enjoyed the egg sandwiches from the Paradise Deli on the SB Access Rd. Both of these places are way better than McD's or DD's. I only eat at those places in the flatlands, not when I'm skiing.

I usually don't want to spend the time for a full sit down breakfast on a ski day. I'd rather get a grab & go and eat it on the way to the mountain so I can get skiing quicker.

Geoff

My vote for breakfast near Killington/Pico is Sugar and Spice on Rt 4 in Mendon.

+2

Choices also has a Sunday brunch that's really good. Fantastic home-made corned beef hash. I usually get a half order of that and a half order of Rossini (filet mignon, poached egg, english muffin, Madeira sauce).

icedtea

+1 That place has the best breakfast I have ever had.

without a doubt... you will not make first gondola though eating there. good for visitors lots of souvenirs and you can see them making syrup.