• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Looking for bump skis

Paul

I am not sure about that...........who was the guitarist for the Monkey's?

Good call...

miken.jpg

MR. evil

Good deal Tim. Are you going to have them mount them up?? :eek:

Randi and I just got back from picking them up, total was $106 with tax. I didn't have them mount them up, I am hoping to find another sweet deal on a pair of binding.

MR. evil

Greg, what kind of binding were you going to have mounted on these skis?

My boots are 27.5cm / 315mm, I was thinking that if we have a similar boot size I could get the same bindings as you (as these skis were already drilled for those binding) and I could them mount them myself. These ski's are already waxed and sharpened as well.

roark

My boots are 27.5cm / 315mm, I was thinking that if we have a similar boot size I could get the same bindings as you (as these skis were already drilled for those binding) and I could them mount them myself. These ski's are already waxed and sharpened as well.

IIRC they were mounted too far forward for Greg's liking, so those holes might not work for you. Besides slapping them on the skis the shop will also test your bindings to be sure they perform properly, probably worth the $25-35.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
IIRC they were mounted too far forward for Greg's liking, so those holes might not work for you. Besides slapping them on the skis the shop will also test your bindings to be sure they perform properly, probably worth the $25-35.
Bingo. The holes were from mounting the bindings somewhere other than where Greg told them to (and one of many reasons why we no longer take our business there).

Great deal, though! You can't go wrong for $100! For mounting, bring them in the shop. It's worth it to be sure they're mounted correctly and tested for safety. I've heard good things about Fatty's in Canton (Rt 44 near Margarita's). Or you probably have a shop that's closer.

Greg

Staff member

roark is right. The reason those skis were even there was they screwed up and mounted the bindings 1 cm forward of the center of the ski. I wanted them 1 cm forward of the standard mount and they ended up waaaaay too far forward. I insisted they replace them.

Bring them to a good shop and have the holes plugged. They probably will show a bit, but that's no big deal. Mount new bindings flat (no lifts). Look PX12s and Rossi Axial2s (essentially the same bindings) are popular bump ski bindings. I like mine 1 cm forward of the standard mount, but I have little to compare them to.

Enjoy!

MR. evil

Well, that is a very different story than what i was told over the phone. But paying closer attention to the ski, those holes are rather far forward.

FWIW - I was told that the binding were mounted 1cm farther forward than you had asked for. Either way I will get those holes filled and be on the look out for some bindings.

Greg

Staff member
Well, that is a very different story than what i was told over the phone. But paying closer attention to the ski, those holes are rather far forward.

FWIW - I was told that the binding were mounted 1cm farther forward than you had asked for. Either way I will get those holes filled and be on the look out for some bindings.

I would have not even noticed it if it was only 1 cm forward of what I asked for. Also, if that was the case, I likely would have just lived with it. Some folks mount bindings on Cabrawlers as far forward as 4 cm, but I think those ended up like 4 inches forward. IIRC, the toe piece completely covered that fist graphic and the mid sole marking was buried by the heel piece. Whatever though. I'm glad you scored such a deal on essentially new skis. Plug the blunder holes and the ski will perform just fine for you.

jack97

Look PX12s and Rossi Axial2s (essentially the same bindings) are popular bump ski bindings.

Keep an eye out for them at ebay, from now all the way to next season. Lat season, seems like what people where willing to spend was around 90-120. If can find a better deal locally, jump on it.

Last edited: