• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt. Abram lodge fire

bigbob

We stopped over at the base today when we were out quading. The electric feed from the pole by the way back machine was burned also. Meter socket was toast, wires were hanging out and the main feed from the pole did not appear to be disconected. Roof and top floor suffered the worst damage of the bar section. Will post some pictures later.

-12047104591027EE98.png

93318018658314ADB.png

-21409843734B70042F.png

Last edited:

bigbob

First picture shows the electric service entrance on the opposite side of the lodge that got fried.

deadheadskier

Staff member
such a bummer. I really liked their lodge for what it was. Hope it rises back up equally as quaint and in time for the season.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Where do you do that? can you rent them? That sounds like a lot of fun.

My wife and I tried to rent snowmobiles a few years ago but it had rained and frozen overnight and they rental agency cancelled that day's trips. We ended up going snowshoing instead.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Glenn

Where do you do that? can you rent them? That sounds like a lot of fun.

My wife and I tried to rent snowmobiles a few years ago but it had rained and frozen overnight and they rental agency cancelled that day's trips. We ended up going snowshoing instead.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I used to ride my quad at Pittsfield State Forest. Jimney had built a snowmobile trail from the backside PSF to the summit of the mountain. We used to follow the sled trail on our quads. Before I got back into skiing, we rode up there in late November and waved to the people getting off the lift.

bigbob

We didn't rent, we own. There is probably 50,000 acres of woods we ride in south of Bethel. Lots of logging roads and snowmobile trails in the Greenwood area.

2Planker

We didn't rent, we own. There is probably 50,000 acres of woods we ride in south of Bethel. Lots of logging roads and snowmobile trails in the Greenwood area.

Yes, and lots of Private Property w/ appropriate signage....

If you, or anyone you know is missing 2 (almost new) RZR's drop me a line describing them in detail, and exactly where you ran out of of gas.... Then be willing to beg, and pay dearly to get them back.... No Trespassing means No Trespassing...

Leaving the country for a few weeks. If no one fesses up, then they will be donated to Maine Fish and Game. Action Sports in Oxford has offered new Locks + Keys if we wanna "salvage claim" them....

Riverskier

Yes, and lots of Private Property w/ appropriate signage....

If you, or anyone you know is missing 2 (almost new) RZR's drop me a line describing them in detail, and exactly where you ran out of of gas.... Then be willing to beg, and pay dearly to get them back.... No Trespassing means No Trespassing...

Leaving the country for a few weeks. If no one fesses up, then they will be donated to Maine Fish and Game. Action Sports in Oxford has offered new Locks + Keys if we wanna "salvage claim" them....

WOW, what a jerk....

2Planker

Yup they ruined approx 40-45 acres of freshly tilled, planted. and fertilized crops. Not to mention the destruction to fences, gates and signs.. They can certainly have them back, just have to pay for all damages, and apologize.... Don't really matter to us, Ins will cover it...

PS - Neighbor wants to light 'em up, or use them for target practice - Too funny....

bigbob

Nope, nobody I know has a Razr. Trails are mostly marked by the local clubs or state for ATV use. People I ride with have been doing this for 30+ years without a problem. We did run into a landowner a few years back and his beef was with empty beer bottles left behind. It might of been one of the Chadbourn
Idiots that damaged the farmers fields and crops ruin it for everybody else. Glad you are holding there machines for ransome. Where they registered in Maine. You can't trace the owners by the VIN number?

2Planker

Nope, nobody I know has a Razr. Trails are mostly marked by the local clubs or state for ATV use. People I ride with have been doing this for 30+ years without a problem. We did run into a landowner a few years back and his beef was with empty beer bottles left behind. It might of been one of the Chadbourn
Idiots that damaged the farmers fields and crops ruin it for everybody else. Glad you are holding there machines for ransome. Where they registered in Maine. You can't trace the owners by the VIN number?

We're avid 4 wheelers and SnoMobilers too, just not on someone else's land that is Posted...

One was brand new, and not even registered yet. Other one was had an expired 2010 NH sticker and $120...

bigbob

We're avid 4 wheelers and SnoMobilers too, just not on someone else's land that is Posted...

One was brand new, and not even registered yet. Other one was had an expired 2010 NH sticker and $120...

Might of been stolen...

Glenn

Run the VIN on the one that's registered. Or better yet, call up NH fish and game and see who it was last registered to.

*Edit: Might be a good idea to do that sooner than later. You'd hate to be out of the country and come home to a broken garage/shed because a warrant was served for possession of stolen property while you were out of the country. Doesn't matter if they were stolen previously; if the current owners report them as stolen.....

2Planker

Neighbor is sheriff, they were reported and came back as "not stolen".

As I told them "Someone just left them on our property....."

jimmywilson69

I'd say congratulations, you are the proud owner of 2 new ATVs!!!

what a dick move to runin your crops. It's crap like this that ruins access to streams, trails, whatever on private land because people don't have any respect. It's a very unfortunate "theme" with people today.

jaja111

I never saw this news originally. That just breaks my heart. Abrams is a gem, just a total gem of a no frills place with great owners. I hit it up on the way to Bangor a few years back going to funeral. I wasn't in a great mood and a general clusterf%^k that morning. I arrived way too early misjudging the time from Gorham to Greenwood. I hung out in the lot alone waiting it out and this guy comes up in a stetson hat screaming "oh my gawd, a new yawka? a new yawka in my luat fah fehst tracks?" He got me a discounted lift ticket and a sticker for the "cah" (two for one day and I was alone). I believe this guy was Mr. Rosenburg? he did say his name was Kevin. I skied a great day there and hope to return. That main double provided some time to think before that funeral for which I dropped everything to attend. No crowd, no lift line, and crispy 10 degree bluebird morning really made it. I wish them the best in their rebuilding.