• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

My .02 on Mount Snow today...

sledhaulingmedic

ozskier said:
Bring your ice skates... Nancy Kerrigan passed me on Long John doing a triple lutz.

Why was she going so fast? Was Tonia Harding chasing her? :roll:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
sledhaulingmedic said:
ozskier said:
Bring your ice skates... Nancy Kerrigan passed me on Long John doing a triple lutz.

Why was she going so fast? Was Tonia Harding chasing her? :roll:

No no, she thought I was.

Jeez, all I was trying to do was, errrah, find my pants.

[/Ted Kennedy]

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
ozskier said:

Terrain park was awesome. El Diablo was $$$$$$.

What's the word on Mt. Snow? seriously. I have to decide where to take two intermediates on Tuesday.
Thanks!

ga2ski

wish i had seen this post last night. Not much better on sunday 1/1.
i went there today, for the 1st and possibly last time, as we were visting some friends in Keene. The terrain on the North Face looks like fun, but the snow was below par, but expected after all the NCP. Luckily they got 2-3" of snow or it would have been really icy. On Freefall the snow was weird, I felt like I was skiing on a snow cone. Trail of the day was Fallen Timbers with snow being made on it resulting in soft hero bumps. The crowds scared us away by noon.

I should have known this mountain wasn't for me when I saw the valet parking. Give me a break.

We have had lists of places that we haven't skied but wish we had. I'm starting a new list of places I have skied but wish I hadn't. So far only Mt. Snow is on that list. Maybe a midweek visit when all the glades were open might change my opinion.

RISkier

Should've gone to Crotched. We just got home. Thought after last weeks rain Crotched might be the best bet. They've blown some fresh over a firm base. Conditions this morning were really very good -- firm packed machine made and the place was deserted. Even this afternoon I don't think we ever waited more than a couple of chairs. Got fairly scraped up later in the afternoon but it really held up well considering the weather last week.

RossiSkier

Mount Snow on Monday was awesome. What a difference a day and 5 inches makes. Snowed again last night, so they have had about a foot since this thread was created. Monday was great. Ice patches were visible in some areas later in day as the freshie was skiied off but nothing bad. Skiied from one end of the mountain to the other and conditions were INCREDIBLE! Only wish I could be there today. IT'S STILL SNOWING!

dmo

Looking forward to heading to MS this weekend for the first time in a couple of weeks. As I've said before, not my favorite place to be, but it's where I go. Ga2ski, I hear you on the valet thing. Yikes.