• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nass, Stone Rd - 8/23/09

bvibert

Staff member
Met up with Jeff this morning for a ride from Stone. Started out on the east side hitting everything except for the lower dentist twisties and the hobo cave trail. Then we crossed stone and hit up the upper half of hessian, which rides pretty good, save for a couple of sections that are tricky. After that we hit up newish stuff on the jailhouse side on the way back towards the cars. Some real nice rock work in there and cool looking stunts, but most of the trail was more that either of us were up to riding. I'd like to head back in there at some point to play on some of the stuff. After that we went up stone a bit to the other side again to the trail that comes in halfway along on the stunty trail (I meant to head up the trail that meets up with the beginning of that trail, but jumped the gun). I rode that one rock with the ladder up and down and we rode out.

On the way out of the jail house side we ran into Reuler and Mlegg with their group that had started at the soccer fields and were heading to do some stone east stuff before heading back. Apparently there's some new routes cooking over there that I'd like to check out. We also saw a guy coming out of the dirt jump area as we were packing up our cars who had just run across a large black bear somewhere around the fish hatchery. :eek:

About 5.8 miles, pretty slow pace, but we were doing a bit of exploring, so it's all good.

Nice to get out with you again Jeff!

rueler

Glad to see you guys out there! It was a nice day to be on the trails. We ran into that guy that saw the black bear too!!! It would have been nice to see him...I hear he's a big one!

Anyways, the soccer field network is a great area to ride...the trails there are not new, just "renewed" somewhat. Mlegg has a map that I am sure he'd share with you guys so that you can become more familiar how things "hook up" to everything from there!!! I personally think that you guys would fall in love with riding from the soccer fields. The trails there are SO FUN! and you have Stone RIGHT THERE to connect up with!

I knew those soccer area trails and had been on them a fair amount, but Mlegg REALLY helped me get a better idea of how they fall in the grand scheme of things...and showed me some really QUICK ways to access those great trails from the Stone side...you can essentially get to those trails by the soccer fields from the Jail trail where we saw you fellas in about 5 minutes...TOPS!!

Our loop came in at 11 miles today...and there wasn't as much climbing as I would have anticipated with a loop that size at Nass.

o3jeff

Nice ride this morning, good to ride some new trails and explore some looking for new stuff. Like always,nice to bump into Rueler on the trails. I wanted to hit that downhill log jump but with his crew watching I bailed, next time I will hit it along with the lower Hessian.