• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Terrain at the Rivah: There go the secret stashes!

snowmonster

^ I've also been tempted to jump on Agony. There's a spot there that's usually marked off with sticks so people can't ski it because the chair hangs so low to the ground. I always wanted to jump off and land in that untouched powder -- but the thought of derailing the chair has always stopped me.

Edd

^ I've also been tempted to jump on Agony. There's a spot there that's usually marked off with sticks so people can't ski it because the chair hangs so low to the ground. I always wanted to jump off and land in that untouched powder -- but the thought of derailing the chair has always stopped me.

Derailing thoughts aside, the chances of getting busted in that location is near 100%. Aurora quad is alot more private.

MadMadWorld

The father in me needs to say something for which some people will probably get angry but....

Seeing people jump off chairs really annoys me. I am sure people on this board try to take precautions and be responsible but not everyone is and whether you think it or not you are putting others at risk. Someone that understands chairlifts a bit more may be able to shed light on it a bit more. I also worry that kids will see this and think chair safety is no big deal.

dlague

The father in me needs to say something for which some people will probably get angry but....

Seeing people jump off chairs really annoys me. I am sure people on this board try to take precautions and be responsible but not everyone is and whether you think it or not you are putting others at risk. Someone that understands chairlifts a bit more may be able to shed light on it a bit more. I also worry that kids will see this and think chair safety is no big deal.

I do have to agree! Often successful attempts are seen and lead to others trying the same thing which they have no business attempting! Unfortunately there have been a few ski movies that have demonstrated it!