• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NWS 2016 / 2017 Winter forecast!

bdfreetuna

Keeping an eye on potentially decent snowfall for higher elevations on the back end of this rainmaker. Could go either way.

Glenn

The radar is showing frozen precip in the Southern Greens. Hard to tell from the webcams though. Frozen/semi frozen is better than plain rain.

Glenn

Maybe some light frozen precip for the Southern Greens later today. Not sure how much damage was done overnight with the rain. I do know that there was a little snow in SoVT last night; saw it on the webcams at the weekend house. Nothing stuck...but it was better than rain.

4aprice

Damn..Killington says they are now an iceberg. Snow on the way but probably dust on crust.

It's spring. I'm taking it easy and going up to Vermont tomorrow morning with the idea of not hitting the slopes till noon, then skiing early Sunday till it becomes too soft and heading home. Hoping for soft snow, moguls and sunshine to close out the my eastern season.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

bdfreetuna

I'm going to Killington early in the morning with the expectation of skiing frozen but fresh groomed terrain (they are grooming the whole mountain)... a good morning for speed!

Then Jay Sunday and I hope they have over a foot of fresh snow on a nice sunny day by then. Hope it's not crowded want to take some tram rides up and ski the ridge.

4aprice

I'm going to Killington early in the morning with the expectation of skiing frozen but fresh groomed terrain (they are grooming the whole mountain)... a good morning for speed!

Then Jay Sunday and I hope they have over a foot of fresh snow on a nice sunny day by then. Hope it's not crowded want to take some tram rides up and ski the ridge.

I see tomorrow as what I call a 50/50 day. Hard in morning and a totally different day after lunch, with bumps etc. Had several of those the couple of years I did the Spring Pass at Killington with my son. (a good bang for the $ BTW). I'm opting to skip the winter and hit the spring this weekend.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

chuckstah

Hoping for 6 plus at Bolton Valley tomorrow. Noaa has it at 6-11 last time I looked. Using the last of the vouchers and hoping for the high end, but 6 inches of dense stuff should ski good on the hardpack.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

Cornhead

BAM!
5f6ea8944d8927808fecb38d7437e21f.jpg

Bolton Valley

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

cdskier

This just made my other half cry. His plan was to use up vouchers at Sugarbush and Bolton this weekend but looked at weather yesterday and saw wind and rain and bagged the idea. Kicking himself now. :smash:

I guess I shouldn't tell you that sugarbush was awesome today as well. Another great powder day! And lifts were ski on all day!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Glenn

Southern Greens picked up an inch or two last night. Back to sun and spring tomorrow.

Cornhead

Great skiing with you again too. This season just keeps on delivering. Looking forward to a bluebird day at Stowe tomorrow. Have fun at Sunday River. We'll certainly hook up at K soon.
74c5d6cb846f7f46fe3c7f1f89b5f9a3.jpg
ee6535b7839ce60d17ae9349fdf0a198.jpg
7785f594d72011826f89b79b2d41d0b1.jpg
88a865a0bf7a345d67db3ed77b811d6a.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

MommaBear

I guess I shouldn't tell you that sugarbush was awesome today as well. Another great powder day! And lifts were ski on all day!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

After I showed him the photos and he kicked himself for not heading up last night, he hit the road late this afternoon. He'll be at Sugarbush tomorrow. Unfortunately, I will be here doing tax returns. Living vicariously thru your posts.