• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

One of the best Spring skiing weeks ever!?!?

KustyTheKlown

well then maybe you'd also be interested to know i just stood in my tub and used a gallon of Poland spring to bathe!

Zand

Killington is definitely giving some leeway with open trails. For example...

Low Rider
0414231526_HDR.jpg

Use caution if in the woods. It may appear to be good coverage and some of it is, but you can be romping a line that just suddenly dries up or hits a sudden stream crossing.

Upper Flush is still going strong too...
0414231553_HDR.jpg

Edd

well then maybe you'd also be interested to know i just stood in my tub and used a gallon of Poland spring to bathe!
A gallon of water can easily flush your toilet if you pour it in fast enough, FYI. It’s kind of amazing how toilets work.

crank

Sooo... leaving the personal hygiene crap behind...

Wife decided to come. We are gonna head out around 6:30 or 7 AM for Killington. Might stay ath Stone Hearth Inn in Chester and ski Stratton for a few runs Sunday morning.

Kingslug20

its a mill creek residential building. they're a pretty large rental apt company. i would think its all on the up and up, but who the fuck knows. first complaint or issue I've had since living in the building. but oooweee its a biggie. some people are like wildly totally fucked.

our cat LIVES for drinking from the tub faucet. he is confused and devastated and thinks we are just mean.
Water tower failure is huge...very huge..

Kingslug20

I found skiing in the woods at stowe..a bit sticky..especially covered in pine needles..one and done..

hovercraft

Day 7 in a row for me with two more to come as we close out Stowe. Then off to SB to see whats left there, Once that is closed out, going to Tahoe in June for some more…. Best 9 day stretch that I can remember. If you can’t be in pow then sun and 60 works all the time!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Jay was 75 and spectacular today. 9/9 lifts and probably 80% of their terrain still available. Maybe more.

I hope their late season operational philosophy doesn't change with the new owners. Pretty good turnout for a Friday.

We will be back in the same rental early April next year. Total solar eclipse on 4/8 at 3:28. Guessing they throw some sorta party for it.

IMG_20230414_192612.jpgIMG_20230414_192624.jpg

Zand

Jay was 75 and spectacular today. 9/9 lifts and probably 80% of their terrain still available. Maybe more.

I hope their late season operational philosophy doesn't change with the new owners. Pretty good turnout for a Friday.

We will be back in the same rental early April next year. Total solar eclipse on 4/8 at 3:28. Guessing they throw some sorta party for it.

View attachment 58197View attachment 58198
Rumor has it that the sun only comes out once every 50 Aprils at Jay and you used that up today. I've been trying to figure out where I want to be for the eclipse and Jay was my first thought but I feel like there's a high chance of striking out there with clouds.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
I tend to complain when areas close trails when IMO they are perfectly skiable. I took Vagabond yesterday (4/13/23) and I had to turf it in a few places. Nobody twisted my arm to take Vagabond. Cascade and Downdraft Headwalls were both wonderful - after crossing a short bare spot. Nobody twisted my arm to take either. I appreciate Killington's trust in their late season market.

Zand

I tend to complain when areas close trails when IMO they are perfectly skiable. I took Vagabond yesterday (4/13/23) and I had to turf it in a few places. Nobody twisted my arm to take Vagabond. Cascade and Downdraft Headwalls were both wonderful - after crossing a short bare spot. Nobody twisted my arm to take either. I appreciate Killington's trust in their late season market.
Didn't go down Caper so can't speak on Vagabond, but Cascade/DD Headwalls were still open today despite needing to walk down to where the stairs cross to get to the beginning of the snow. Never did it myself but they looked pretty good!

chuckstah

Perfect Spring corn at Waterville today. 80 degrees and going fast. Closing day is tomorrow and seems well timed. didn't see anything roped, lots of walking required on a select few trails, but nice job keeping everything open for those who want to partake Screenshot_20230414-214047.pngScreenshot_20230414-214042.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230414-214059.png
    Screenshot_20230414-214059.png
    538.2 KB · Views: 4

KustyTheKlown

Pretty weird feeling sitting outside my motel in Manchester smoking a joint in a t shirt and flip flops like it’s peak mid summer

SkiingInABlueDream

Killington was stellar yesterday. R's OTD for me were OL, Skyelark, Dipper, Downdraft, and Cascade. I would agree with the commment about irregular bumps on some of those runs but, I thought it was all good. Ill ski any spring slush "powder"😅
This season has been a write off for me. Wifey had knee replacement surgeries in Oct and then Jan and I've only been able to get away for a few sporadic days. Soooo happy I was able to make yesterday happen. It was obvious this week was gonna be excellent but posts in this thread definitely helped motivate me✌️