• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

One of the best Spring skiing weeks ever!?!?

KustyTheKlown

Today at killington is simply one of my favorite days ever on skis. 100+ trails with 70 degree sunny weather and pond skimming is just perfecto. The bumps are glorious out here.

snoseek

I'm happy you weekend folks got a proper dose of all this glory. This season went out with a bang!

Smellytele

Today at killington is simply one of my favorite days ever on skis. 100+ trails with 70 degree sunny weather and pond skimming is just perfecto. The bumps are glorious out here.
Decided to not spend 135 at Killington today and went to cannon for $59. Even got some glade runs in at the top of the mountain. Great day at cannon today!

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
I was there today (4/15/23). Dream Maker Headwall was high on my list of today's best runs.

North Star was closed and Escapade is on the verge. Big crowd but no lift lines to speak of. Many people watching the pond skim.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Glorious day again today at Jay. Pretty solid surf rock Black Sabbath mashup band on the water park patio.

Unless the forecast changes and we swing next Sunday at the River, that's it for us on the season.

Despite the slow start, February through now has seen some great days to salvage what was looking like a dismal season. Almost looked like a 2015 redo. Or whatever that one was where few places broke even 100". Thankfully mother nature rallied!

Time to switch gears to boating.

KustyTheKlown

Not only OL: All of Bear Peak is closing today for the season.
Everything on bear is cooked except for OL anyway. Lower skyeburst is the only other way down right now and it’s hanging on by a thread. And the weather has been bizarre on the south side all morning. Soupy, in the clouds. Just over the ridge it’s 65 and sunny.

Smellytele

Finished my cannon season yesterday with a great day - skinned up baron’s run to start and a beer in my zoomer bar coozie to end!

Attachments

• BE659C6B-0FB2-419B-9147-63CE50C0BCE5.jpeg
    BE659C6B-0FB2-419B-9147-63CE50C0BCE5.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 27
  • 968156EC-9E34-418A-BCBE-2C7B78023B0D.jpeg
    968156EC-9E34-418A-BCBE-2C7B78023B0D.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 27
  • AD08D42E-7BB1-4EAB-8E1D-59DDC83EB315.jpeg
    AD08D42E-7BB1-4EAB-8E1D-59DDC83EB315.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27

crank

Killington was fun in the sun Saturday. Lots of folks there for pond skimming and tailgating, etc. Skyeburst was fun but sporty is spots. Superstar was really good. Good band , 2 guys playing acoustics and singing. They surprised me by playing Dust In A Baggie so I gave them a good tip! GIrls in bikinis, shirtless dudes. Could have used some wax on my skis.

Today at Stratton was opposite of Killington. Where I had to park down at Snowshed yesterday, today we parked in the first row of the permit lot just outside the garage because the place was empty. Cloudy and foggy but that mostly cleared out around 10 and the snow was more fun and less grabby than Sat. at K. We split around noon and had a leisurely ride home. Stopped in Northampton for lunch and shopping.

That does it for us - day 25.

Smellytele

Killington was fun in the sun Saturday. Lots of folks there for pond skimming and tailgating, etc. Skyeburst was fun but sporty is spots. Superstar was really good. Good band , 2 guys playing acoustics and singing. They surprised me by playing Dust In A Baggie so I gave them a good tip! GIrls in bikinis, shirtless dudes. Could have used some wax on my skis.

Today at Stratton was opposite of Killington. Where I had to park down at Snowshed yesterday, today we parked in the first row of the permit lot just outside the garage because the place was empty. Cloudy and foggy but that mostly cleared out around 10 and the snow was more fun and less grabby than Sat. at K. We split around noon and had a leisurely ride home. Stopped in Northampton for lunch and shopping.

That does it for us - day 25.
Nice Billy Strings