• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Park City/Talisker-Vail Lawsuit

VTKilarney

I have never doubted that 20 year old lifts are still good lifts. I'm just surprised that the value of a 20 year old lift would only be 1/3 less than a brand new lift.

Highway Star

I have never doubted that 20 year old lifts are still good lifts. I'm just surprised that the value of a 20 year old lift would only be 1/3 less than a brand new lift.

I agree. But if I recall correctly that's that the lease says. I don't think the dollar value is adjusted for inflation though. It would cost over $5m to replace those lifts with new today.

skiNEwhere

I agree. But if I recall correctly that's that the lease says. I don't think the dollar value is adjusted for inflation though. It would cost over $5m to replace those lifts with new today.

I think you're way under guessing. How much was the mittersill lift again?

Highway Star

According to New England Ski History the Mittersill chair cost $3 million.

And 20 years ago, in a easier to access location in a non-abondoned ski area, it would have been well under $1m. What's your point....?

VTKilarney

My point is that you stated you were not "guessing" as to the cost of the Mittersill lift. Is there a reason you take offense to my statement of fact? It's not as if I offered an opinion. Or are facts just a natural irritant to you?

Highway Star

My point is that you stated you were not "guessing" as to the cost of the Mittersill lift. Is there a reason you take offense to my statement of fact? It's not as if I offered an opinion. Or are facts just a natural irritant to you?

What the hell are you talking about??

Mitersill is possibly the most expensive double chair ever installed, it is NOT a good example of anything.

A typical HSQ is $5-6M+ today.

A typical HSQ was $3-4M in the 90's - mainly because energy costs were much lower.

You're bringing up facts that have nothing to do with the discussion at hand, which is infact annoying behaviour.

VTKilarney

Take a deep breath and go back and read the thread. I was not the one who brought up the Mittersill chair. I certainly never suggested that Mittersill was a proper point of reference. If you want to argue with somebody, at least know what the argument involves and know who said what.

If you had taken the time to actually process what has been said in this thread, you will see that the ONLY thing I have said about Mittersill is this: "According to New England Ski History the Mittersill chair cost $3 million." (Go ahead, look for more... I'll wait... Done?... Good.)

If that single comment is something you feel the need to get in a snit about, it's time to tweak your meds.

A normal, mature response would have been: "Sorry. I didn't realize that this was all you had said." But you didn't choose that path, did you? That's because you can't admit you goofed. Why are you so fragile? I've been wrong plenty of times. I've just been able to admit that fact and move on.

Last edited:

VTKilarney

You're bringing up facts that have nothing to do with the discussion at hand, which is infact annoying behaviour.
I see. You are free to make the point that the cost of the Mittersill chair is not a valid price-point comparison, but the actual cost of the Mittersill chair must remain forever secret from the members of this forum. I can definitely see how you became annoyed if this was indeed your belief.

Highway Star

Take a deep breath and go back and read the thread. I was not the one who brought up the Mittersill chair. I certainly never suggested that Mittersill was a proper point of reference. If you want to argue with somebody, at least know what the argument involves and know who said what.

If you had taken the time to actually process what has been said in this thread, you will see that the ONLY thing I have said about Mittersill is this: "According to New England Ski History the Mittersill chair cost $3 million." (Go ahead, look for more... I'll wait... Done?... Good.)

If that single comment is something you feel the need to get in a snit about, it's time to tweak your meds.

A normal, mature response would have been: "Sorry. I didn't realize that this was all you had said." But you didn't choose that path, did you? That's because you can't admit you goofed. Why are you so fragile? I've been wrong plenty of times. I've just been able to admit that fact and move on.

You're an idiot.

Highway Star

I'm "not guessing" about the typical cost of chairlifts, in general.

And you're still an idiot.

VTKilarney

I'm "not guessing" about the typical cost of chairlifts, in general.

You said nothing about your "guessing" being about chair lifts in general. If that was your intent, you need to learn how to communicate effectively.
The discussion went like this:
skiNEwhere: "How much was the Mittersill Lift again?"
You: "Mitersill was an exceptional case. I'm not guessing."
Me: "According to New England Ski History the Mittersill chair cost $3 million."

I'm not the one who felt the need (and entitlement) to censor a forum member's factual response to a question posed about the cost of a ski lift. In light of that, are you sure I'm the one wasting everyone's time here?

Respectfully, the first rule of holes is to stop digging.

Last edited: