• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Park City/Talisker-Vail Lawsuit

StevePluvia

One other point... My read of the PCMR legal filings tells me their legal representation is pathetic. Their arguments are never properly supported and generally, to put it kindly, pretty retarded. E.G their proposed valuation in the bond filings. Eeeesh. Harris is a very good judge. He generally knows the supporting case law better than the arguing attorneys. I see PCMR getting spanked again today.... Its one thing to be a dipshit and forget to renew a lease, quite another to come to court and argue fantasy. PCMR has lost all credibility with Judge Harris IMO, that aint good...

If I were PCMR I'd be worried about Talisker putting PCMR into involuntary bankruptcy, then taking the lower mtn property using their damages.

Highway Star

One other point... My read of the PCMR legal filings tells me their legal representation is pathetic. Their arguments are never properly supported and generally, to put it kindly, pretty retarded. E.G their proposed valuation in the bond filings. Eeeesh. Harris is a very good judge. He generally knows the supporting case law better than the arguing attorneys. I see PCMR getting spanked again today.... Its one thing to be a dipshit and forget to renew a lease, quite another to come to court and argue fantasy. PCMR has lost all credibility with Judge Harris IMO, that aint good...

If I were PCMR I'd be worried about Talisker putting PCMR into involuntary bankruptcy, then taking the lower mtn property using their damages.

Great insights!

mbedle

If I were PCMR I'd be worried about Talisker putting PCMR into involuntary bankruptcy, then taking the lower mtn property using their damages.[/QUOTE]

It was interesting to note that a couple hundred acres of land in the base area is not owned by Talisker or PCMR, but Cummings himself, under the company call Park Properties, Inc. Even if Talisker puts PCMR into bankruptcy, they still have a gap of land they need between the base area and Talisker's land. Just something to throw in the mix....

VTKilarney

I thought he predicted $200-$300 million. I may be confused, though, since I'm not sure if there is a functional difference between Vail and Talisker for this purpose.

It's still no doubt better than I would have guessed. My dartboard isn't nearly as accurate.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I thought he predicted $200-$300 million. I may be confused, though, since I'm not sure if there is a functional difference between Vail and Talisker for this purpose.

It's still no doubt better than I would have guessed. My dartboard isn't nearly as accurate.

My initial post was what PCMR claimed that Talisker wanted...which was $201 million. So he was, admittedly, not far off.

Highway Star

VTKilarney

If by right you mean 47% to 83% off the mark, then yes you were indeed right. I am dealing with it.

VTKilarney

Judge will make a ruling on September 3rd. He's clearly giving the parties time to settle.

jaytrem

Also -- does anyone know where a person might find a map defining the PCMR land ownership?

I'm pretty sure I posted a link to an article that had a property many many pages ago. It was kinda small though, so not that great. If you've got a general idea of the area already you can go on zillow.com and look at their maps, when you zoom in close enough they show property lines. So it's a bit of a pain.

VTKilarney

You're an idiot.
How am I incorrect? Did you not predict $200 to $300 million? Was the actual amount requested not $123.9 million? If you could actually provide some content to your post rather than an ape-like guttural response, it would be appreciated.