• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Park City/Talisker-Vail Lawsuit

thetrailboss

Staff member
Grrr.....

Looks like no free days for me this season at PCMR.

Alta said:
Additional Benefits
This pass includes Wasatch Benefit WB
The Wasatch Benefit includes three days of complimentary skiing at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort and Deer Valley Resort, with the following blackout dates: Dec. 24, 2014 - Jan. 2, 2015; Jan. 17-19, 2015 and Feb. 14-16, 2015. The Wasatch Benefit is available for a limited number of qualifying passes, so buy now. The complimentary day tickets are non-transferable.

Good thing I went last season.

Just means more time for me at Alta/Snowbird. :thumbup:

thetrailboss

Staff member
And though Killingtonians can no longer ski for free at PCMR, fear not, I bet they will still give you reciprocal benefits at POWDR's remaining awesome Park City business: the mighty Gorgoza. ;)

gorgoza-map.jpg

They've got glades:

the-top-of-the-hill.jpg

Incredible vert:

gorgoza-park.jpg

And "open snowfields":

gorgoza-park-2.jpg

I'm also sure that this guy will be making more of an appearance at Killington:

feat_snowfight07__03__315.jpg

Consider that our gift from Utah ;)

bigbob

Trailboss, Vail will be honoring the 3 days from people with Killington passes purchased prior to 9/.11/14 along with the other Powdr owned Mnt resort passes, so no need to fly across the country to visit the tubing park.

jaytrem

Never realized they had "learn to ski" at Gorgoza. I guess that technically makes it a ski area.

drjeff

Never realized they had "learn to ski" at Gorgoza. I guess that technically makes it a ski area.

I could be wrong, but when I was driving by Gorgoza last March while out in Park City, it sure looked like from I-80 while going 75mph that it was only the tubing lanes that were in operation. Now just over the ridge to the South of Gorgoza where the Utah Winter Olympics Park is (the ski jumping and luge/bobsled tracks from the '02 games, they 100% have a "small" ski operation there with some serious training facilities for areils and youth slalom and GS training with lighted courses

thetrailboss

Staff member

steamboat1

Where do you see that?

http://www.killington.com/site/tickets/winter_passes/perks_benefits

http://www.killington.com/site/tickets/winter_passes/passholder_faqs

I see where PCMR "used" to be on the benefits list, but it is not there now.
Here: http://www.snow.com/epic-pass/info/park-city-faq

I purchased a season pass from Killington, Las Vegas Resort, Boreal, Mt Bachelor or Copper and was told I would receive 3 days (or unlimited skiing for Teens and Children) at Park City. Do I still get this?
Yes. We will honor the 3 day or unlimited benefit for applicable season passes purchased prior to 9/11/14. This includes some Killington, Las Vegas Resort, Boreal, Mt Bachelor or Copper Adult, Teen and Child passes. However, proof of purchase prior to 9/11/2014 will be required. Proof of purchase includes your season pass and detailed, dated receipt of purchase. It is recommended you call Park City prior to your visit in order to confirm your season pass product is eligible. Restricted dates are December 27 - 31, 2014.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Here: http://www.snow.com/epic-pass/info/park-city-faq

I purchased a season pass from Killington, Las Vegas Resort, Boreal, Mt Bachelor or Copper and was told I would receive 3 days (or unlimited skiing for Teens and Children) at Park City. Do I still get this?
Yes. We will honor the 3 day or unlimited benefit for applicable season passes purchased prior to 9/11/14. This includes some Killington, Las Vegas Resort, Boreal, Mt Bachelor or Copper Adult, Teen and Child passes. However, proof of purchase prior to 9/11/2014 will be required. Proof of purchase includes your season pass and detailed, dated receipt of purchase. It is recommended you call Park City prior to your visit in order to confirm your season pass product is eligible. Restricted dates are December 27 - 31, 2014.

That's interesting.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Bump. Vail has announced their plans today.

$50 million expansion with at least three new lifts and upgrades to snowmaking.

Motherlode at PCMR will be a HSQ; King Con will be a Six Pack; interconnect lift will be an 8-passenger gondola. New lodges too at PCMR. Advertised as "the largest single season ski area improvement project in American history." Sound familiar? How about a Mr. Les Otten and his ambitious $28 million project at Sugarbush in 1995?

http://parkcitymountain.com/site/bl.../announcing-the-largest-resort#prclt-sQl7Xk2s

http://www.sltrib.com/news/1922827-155/vail-resorts-to-connect-park-city

BeefyBoy50

seems to me like the full expansion of this plan doesn't allow for any skiing from the mid station of the gondola down into terrain now known as part of the canyons. This means skiers can't get to Canyons any other way than taking that lift to it, which essentially makes the lift a shuttle. In what way is this so different than just having a full time free bus service for skiers?

deadheadskier

Staff member
If I'm reading it correctly, there are two trails to be cut from the mid-station towards the Canyons off Pine Cone Ridge and gated BC access off the other side back towards Park City.

thetrailboss

Staff member
If I'm reading it correctly, there are two trails to be cut from the mid-station towards the Canyons off Pine Cone Ridge and gated BC access off the other side back towards Park City.

That's my understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

drjeff

seems to me like the full expansion of this plan doesn't allow for any skiing from the mid station of the gondola down into terrain now known as part of the canyons. This means skiers can't get to Canyons any other way than taking that lift to it, which essentially makes the lift a shuttle. In what way is this so different than just having a full time free bus service for skiers?

In essence the biggest advantage to this shuttle lift vs using say a bus is that it will allow people to transition from resort to resort in the "middle" of each resort rather than having to get up and out of the base and then spread out over the mountains. From where the transfer lift is, it requires a minimum of 3 lift rides (4 if you count their cabriolet lift from the main parking area up to the main base area) from the base area of The Canyons and 2 or 3 from the base area of Park City Mountain Resort to get over to where the transfer lift is. If you're talking about taking a shuttle bus, then you're going to end up loosing a bunch of time on the hill to get from the middle of one resort to the middle of the other

jaytrem

Some interesting Canyons Maps can be seen here...

http://thecolonywpc.com/maps

The Canyons half of the gondola has been planned for quite a while, though probably not as a gondola. You can also get an idea of how much of the Canyons is a giant real estate development.

bigbob

Would connecting the two areas with a bus still qualify it as the largest ski area in the US? I would think not!

jaytrem

Would connecting the two areas with a bus still qualify it as the largest ski area in the US? I would think not!

Probably not, else Squaw/Alpine probably would have claimed that at one point.