• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Park City/Talisker-Vail Lawsuit

thetrailboss

Staff member
Will the interconnect be completed for next season?

Yes. Here are the cabs...gotta say I like the new logo:

bn_073015_park-city-rebranding.jpg

I always thought that the old one was pretty lame:

images

skiNEwhere

Very cool map. Although it will probably still feel like 2 separate ski areas due to the transfer lift. I'm curious if they'll try to develop the terrain to the north of the the Quicksilver lift on the canyons side.

drjeff

I don't think the map reading thing will be as much of an issue as many think it will be, as a good number of the lifts out there pre-merger had trail maps on the safety bars (a concept that makes plenty of sense that I see out West a bunch but don't recall hardly ever seeing in the East)

steamboat1

I don't think the map reading thing will be as much of an issue as many think it will be, as a good number of the lifts out there pre-merger had trail maps on the safety bars (a concept that makes plenty of sense that I see out West a bunch but don't recall hardly ever seeing in the East)
I recall Bromley having something on the safety bar like a roller. Don't remember if it was a trail map or just advertisement. I think they've since been removed.

ironhippy

I saw those out west and thought they made a LOT of sense, not sure why it isn't a thing, probably too expensive.

skiNEwhere

I saw those out west and thought they made a LOT of sense, not sure why it isn't a thing, probably too expensive.

It's probably a pain in the ass and nearly cost prohibitive to replace them on all the chairs on all the lifts when the resort upgrades. Case and point, last season when I skied snowmass, they still had the Burlingame double listed on the safety bar trail map, even though that lift was removed over the summer.