• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pink Floyd? ummmm... not so much...

SkiDork

I think he just plays a Strat with a slide on that..

I love that flick.. I have it on my IPad and watch it a lot when Itravel.. crazy watching and hearing about the mixdowns and stuff before computers when everyone had a nob to control

oh OK. thanks.

Yeah. and DG says the spacey mixes like that were just as much of a performance as the regular music.

dmc

oh OK. thanks.

Yeah. and DG says the spacey mixes like that were just as much of a performance as the regular music.

I love when they talk about the On The Run sequence and reproduce it on those bad ass vintage sequencers...

ctenidae

There's a channel on Dish, probably on other cable too, called Paladian, or Palladium, no matter. Anyway, they've been playing Gilmour Live at Gdansk lately. Great concert. The other night they followed it with The Wall. Been a while since I watched it, particularly since I last watched it straight. Movie is great, music is fantastic.

I wish they played songs from The Final Cut more often on the radio, though.

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
I love this video. An epic trainwreck....

dmc

There's a channel on Dish, probably on other cable too, called PAladian, or Palladium, no matter. Anyway, they've been playing Gilmore Live at Gdansk lately. Great concert. THey other night they followed it with The Wall. Been a while since I watched it, particularly since I last watched it straight. Movie is great, music is fantastic.

I wish they played songs from The Final Cut more often on the radio, though.

The Gilmour show on Palladium is awesome!

Final Cut is some heavy stuff.. Lot's of Wall throwaway stuff. ALL Waters writing and all vocals - recorded while that band fell apart. From all accounts Gilmour detested it. Richard Wright was already kicked out of the band by then. Heavy times....

dmc

I love this video. An epic trainwreck....

Have you felt it yet Greg? Like half way through a song your thinking I wish this could just end now.. Please god - let the power go out - kinda moment?

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
OMG, I have not laughed so hard in a while! I fell out of my chair! Cringed at first, but then just burst out laughing. Holy sh*& this was awful, please tell me this was a competition to perform as lousy as you can.

There is no pain.... oh yes there is! You guys!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
The Youtube comments are hilarious. Worse than a 5th grade performance!

Glad to see they are down in Georgia. They should really stick with Hank Williams pieces...

Greg

Staff member
Have you felt it yet Greg? Like half way through a song your thinking I wish this could just end now.. Please god - let the power go out - kinda moment?

Had one moment like that. It was an epic disaster of me being trashed on stage and unable to play anything decent. Luckily it was just showcasing at an open mic night with basically nobody there, and not a "real" gig. I actually had to restart a song at one point. That night, I learned the hard way that I need to stay at least somewhat sober while performing.... :oops: Being the only guitarist, if I F up, the song is kinda non-existent... :lol:

dmc

That night, I learned the hard way that I need to stay at least somewhat sober while performing.... :oops: Being the only guitarist, if I F up, the song is kinda non-existent... :lol:

One beer a set for me.. Maybe a shot of tequila during setbreak..

If i get too hammered it makes the load out a bad thing.. i don't really start drinking until the drums are in the car or safe somewhere.. :)

jrmagic

The Youtube comments are hilarious. Worse than a 5th grade performance!

Glad to see they are down in Georgia. They should really stick with Hank Williams pieces...

lol I was just thinking they are way worse than the band at my son's school trying to play the looney tunes theme:-D I could do a better job on that song while puking from a hang over from the binder the night before.

dmc

Even Phish makes mistakes...
Had to restart Down With Disease .

dmc

Better to restart than to torture your audience.

Usually.

Totally..
In fact the times i can think of bad false starts are usually wrong keys.. And not that many players can transpose a whole song on the fly..
The others are just thinking your starting song A when the band is playing song B.. Communication breakdown