• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Presidents' Day Weekend

Do you plan to ski this Presidents Day Long Weekend?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

• Maybe

• I'd Prefer an Icepick in the temple

• life is like a box of chocolates....

• I wanna go to Bermuda.....

• Total voters

tirolerpeter

President's Weekend

I considered it, but then decided that I would rather have a couple of root-canals done at the dentist. Just kidding, NO I don't ski holidays, or weekends. Retirement is a bitch. It gets so lonely on those damned mountains. :lol

thetrailboss

Staff member
Ski? In February? Season pass holder here? LIKE THERE IS ANY QUESTION!!! :lol:

Yes, I will be either at Sunapee or Cannon or Burke! :beer:

SkiDog

I sooo hate the crowds...and the trip home to jersey from VT...BLOWS that weekend...

I refrain...

M

NHpowderhound

I voted yes but it definately wont be at a resort. That weekend is just nuts! Longest liftline I ever stood in was that weekend at K-ton. It was so long everyone was doing the wave with thier arms and ski poles from one end of the corrall to the other. Actually that part was pretty neat but 1+hour wait was a bummer.
I'll be BC somewhere.
((*
*))NHPH

noski

Bermuda? That was me

President's week can be the quietest week of the year for me IF snow is outstanding, AND temps are seasonable, AND winds are light. On the other hand, if we get cold/wind and/or you-know-what, it is Hell week. People are grumpy, and ever-so-whiney. The beach 8) is my choice, but will never happen.

kickstand

I avoid it like the plague. With any luck, my house will be rented out that week, so it will be my excuse NOT to go.

Sky

I went to Wildcat on the SUnday of that weekend last year. AWESOME!! The lodge was a tad crowded for lunch. There was a race going on...lots of non-skiers in the lodge.

The summit quad sinlge line moved quite quickly. It was a great day...bluebird skies...Mt W right across the way.

*DROOOOL*

I've skied Wa on those holiday weekends (evenings only). It can go both ways...sometimes the crowd is light because the "rep" is that Wa will be crowded. When I was chaperaoning a group years ago...we stopped going on that "Sunday" night due to the crowds...poor rental kids got two runs in (long rental lines and long lift lines). *shudder*

I've gone Sunday evenings of the holiday weekends last year and had no probs.

SkiDog

Brettski said:
thetrailboss said:
Yes, I will be either at Sunapee or Cannon or Burke! :beer:
Like anyone in the world knows where NH is....that's why I love it so....especially that far North...tell me Cannon gets Crowded....

Trying my damnedest to move there ASAP.....just need to work out logistics....story on news the other night actually had NH in the 2nd spot for places to find a job..I was psyched..

M

SkiDog

Brettski said:
What type of Jobs?

What's the property taxes like in NH? Does it vary by county?

What tax does NH not have? I know it's something....Property, income...????

I believe its in income...which is nice...property taxes are in line with the costs of NJ however you are getting considerably more land and house for the same rate..follow?

M

Jim

just avoid the big resorts and ski areas like ascutney, burke, bromley, mrg, magic

Sparky

I'll be teaching Presidents weekend. It will be one of the busiest days of the year. I'm looking forward to it like an ice pick in the tempel.

skijay

I said yes. Typically we go on the Sunday, when everybody is heading home and ski to Tues or Wed.

kickstand

SkiDog said:
Brettski said:
What type of Jobs?

What's the property taxes like in NH? Does it vary by county?

What tax does NH not have? I know it's something....Property, income...????

I believe its in income...which is nice...property taxes are in line with the costs of NJ however you are getting considerably more land and house for the same rate..follow?

M

They don't have a sales tax. Far as I know, they do have an income tax, and I definitely know they have a property tax.