• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saddleback Maine

Talldrink

Has anyone skied this since opening after a 5 year closure. Its a magical place. I've signed up to go in February....been way tooo long....

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Has anyone skied this since opening after a 5 year closure. Its a magical place. I've signed up to go in February....been way tooo long....

I haven't skied Saddleback, I was going to after one of our AZ summits but never made it over. I've heard it is excellent and glad to hear it's opening.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Have four nights and three days of skiing booked late February. Got a really nice four bedroom house on the lake walking distance to town for $330 a night all in, which I thought was a great deal. Can't wait

Newpylong

Damn we may need to bump the rent up on our house in Errol. 4 bedroom on the lake and we do like $250/night. But it's Errol not Rangeley ha.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Damn we may need to bump the rent up on our house in Errol. 4 bedroom on the lake and we do like $250/night. But it's Errol not Rangeley ha.
Before taxes and fees it was $275/night.

I paid the same last winter for a two bedroom apartment in downtown Stowe.

Between the cheap house, the $135 three day ticket special last summer and excitement for SB coming back it was a pretty easy decision to go outside of Epic for school vacation week

Talldrink

We rented end of January. Its $500 night. We hemmed and hawed but pulled the trigger and took 3 nights....I'm really thrilled to go again!

Talldrink

Yes, its Ski in/out. Its a lot $ but I've literally been waiting since this place closed. Wish they had a mountain cam and a chat site to discuss conditions.

KustyTheKlown

the owners of that house have probably been longing for the day they can charge $500 a night for it again

yay for saddleback. cant wait to make a trip up that way.

deadheadskier

Staff member
We chose in town vs on mountain as my wife doesn't ski and my two year old daughter doesn't yet. So, I wanted something in Rangeley where they could walk to town. Having nice lake views is a bonus.

This is the rental if folks are looking for a place to rent up there at some point.

Check out this Vrbo rental:

Vince

Skied here for the first time since the reopen on Thursday and Friday. Great time. Groomers a bit wind blown but the natural snow trails were great. Very small crowd both days. probably less than 100 skiers in total on Thurs. Friday a bit more. Great glades and variety of expert terrain. They don't seem to have quite the base that Vermont does. But snow quality was very dry.
Day tix were about $65. The new HSQ is a huge upgrade.

darent

we skied there the last year they were open, can't wait to get back. makes a great Maine ski trip SB and the Loaf

deadheadskier

Staff member
Arrived to Rangeley last night for what we were hoping was three days of skiing. Looks like we need to find an alternative for Thursday.

I guess Saddleback really needs to get the short double and T Bar back running. Seems pretty unreasonable that maintenance needs on their HSQ results in shutting the whole mountain down; especially during a school vacation week.

Beautiful views from the pad we rented though.

IMG_20210223_065909062.jpg