• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Searching for and choosing a college

hammer

Look into obscure things. Javelin and discus? lol. Run from soccer, too much competition.
My kids are not into sports so not a factor for us...but is getting a sports scholarship a good thing? I'd be concerned about time demands for the sport competing with studies.

I was on an ROTC scholarship (thanks to the taxpayers for funding my education) and the time demands there weren't too bad...and they were willing to cut cadets slack on ROTC activities if they were having academic problems.

meff

Trust me, the athletic department more than takes care of the students with tutors and limits of team activities.

gmcunni

Congratulations to him, lot's of snow up their.

i was looking for piles of snow yesterday but they're all gone already. too bad there aren't any great ski hill close to the school. I think greek peak is closest "big" mountain but that's still an hour or so away, i think.

Warp Daddy

Gary : In addition to Greek Peak , U got Labrador ( nice hill) , Song Mtn and Toggenburg all about 700 vert a half hr south of the Dome . Then if ur ever there in a Lake Effect DUMPAGE-- try Snow Ridge for an experience .

SU huh ?? may see you at the "Loud House " sometimes for some great hoops :D:D BTW watch out for the Marshall St run -------------hehehehehe