• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Shawnee Peak or Pleasant Mountain? Boyne Wants Your Input

What should the name of the ski area on Pleasant Mountain in Bridgton, Maine be?

• Shawnee Peak

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Pleasant Mountain

Votes: 47 92.2%
  • Other (please elaborate in the comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

deadheadskier

Staff member
Yes they do. That should change as well.

Always would frustrate me having the Pine Quad running instead of the Sunny Side. You can access all the terrain off the quad from the Summit mid station. Having the bottom trails of Sunnyside closed just makes the mountain ski a lot smaller even though it's only 15% or so of the terrain.

wa-loaf

I still call it Pleasant Mtn and then I have to struggle to remember the new name.

2planks2coasts

Per Storm Skiing Blog:. Shawnee will not be joining New England or Ikon Passes next year. I was incorrect in thinking the addition would be a slam dunk. Seems like Boyne might be willing to lose out on the massive marketing synergies adding it to the passes would offer in order to keep the small mountain feel.

Edd

Per Storm Skiing Blog:. Shawnee will not be joining New England or Ikon Passes next year. I was incorrect in thinking the addition would be a slam dunk. Seems like Boyne might be willing to lose out on the massive marketing synergies adding it to the passes would offer in order to keep the small mountain feel.
Unusual move, I would've bet $ on the NE Pass at least. I was pretty sure about Ikon too, but I can see that pass crushing that place.

sull1102

I’m wondering if they’ll offer one or two days on the NE Pass to let people get a taste.

Mainer

3 days at other mountains. 1/2 off lift tickets after that. Boyne is probably afraid of the mass exodus of epic pass holders, I know a lot of people (my family included) in the mwv that were going to go for sr and sp combo if they offered it. Now I’m not sure what to do, definitely not epic though.

pinion

3 days at other mountains. 1/2 off lift tickets after that. Boyne is probably afraid of the mass exodus of epic pass holders, I know a lot of people (my family included) in the mwv that were going to go for sr and sp combo if they offered it. Now I’m not sure what to do, definitely not epic though.

You are not alone. Cruising groomers at Cranmore and Bretton Woods all day looks good to my family. That's how bad the Epic experience is in MWV :ROFLMAO:

Terry

There is no way that "Pleasant Mt" could handle the crowds. Almost every weekend this year they have run out of parking and cars have lined the sides of the road going in. The infrastructure couldn't handle the influx. I am pretty happy with the pass offering as I am a long time pass holder there.

machski

Only for Gold NEPs and up, and then 50% off tickets after those 3 free days. Silver can also access unlimited 50% at Shawnee and other Boyne resorts.

Mainer

If you buy the unlimited Shawnee it’s 789 and you get the 3 free day passes. I really hope they start opening at 9. Sucks for late season skiing though as Shawnee closes 3rd week of March. I’m going to miss wildcat in April, I wish they would do some sort of add on that includes sr after Shawnee closes.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Bump. Looks like the Summit Triple is down.

Tin Woodsman

Bump. Looks like the Summit Triple is down.

Have to imagine that announcing the move of the old Barker quad is coming soon after enduring something like this.