• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Shawnee Peak or Pleasant Mountain? Boyne Wants Your Input

What should the name of the ski area on Pleasant Mountain in Bridgton, Maine be?

• Shawnee Peak

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Pleasant Mountain

Votes: 47 92.2%
  • Other (please elaborate in the comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

machski

2 weeks still no main lift and no word. If you ask anybody there about it, nobody has any idea on a timeframe. Or even if it will happen this year. Can’t get the part, blah blah blah.
Its an older G-CTEC lift. While Dopp does support, depending on the part, it may not be sitting on a shelf. Probably one of the reasons why Boyne elected to sell the old Seven Bros Triple when they swapped it out for the rebuilt Kanc Quad at Loon (similar vintage and probably a bit fewer hours on it) instead of reuse at Loon.

2Planker

2 weeks still no main lift and no word. If you ask anybody there about it, nobody has any idea on a timeframe. Or even if it will happen this year. Can’t get the part, blah blah blah.
Pretty much, that is all you will hear until the part is here and they have the necessary people to install it.....
Boyne guys are at SR, evaluating bigger problems

Mainer

I’ve never seen so many snow guns running on a small stretch of trail then at pleasant yesterday. They definitely upgraded the snowmaking. The triple is running crippled, load six chairs then wait six chairs. It’s a shit show with any sort of crowd. It is nice that sunny side is always running now though. Hopefully that stays the case if they ever fix the triple.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I’ve never seen so many snow guns running on a small stretch of trail then at pleasant yesterday. They definitely upgraded the snowmaking. The triple is running crippled, load six chairs then wait six chairs. It’s a shit show with any sort of crowd. It is nice that sunny side is always running now though. Hopefully that stays the case if they ever fix the triple.
Looks like this may be the last season of that Summit Triple. LiftBlog is reporting that Pleasant is getting the rebuilt Jordan Express from Sunday River this summer.

Terry

Finally running the summit triple at full capacity this weekend. Great conditions both days but a bit cold.

thebigo

7 bros was shipped off site and fully refurbished. Jordan has been sitting there for over a year. Possible they are reusing minimal components, only the chairs?

thebigo

1705965739729.png

deadheadskier

Staff member
It is nice that sunny side is always running now though. Hopefully that stays the case if they ever fix the triple.

Always bums me out when I've been there midweek and that lift is closed. I love the lower trails over there, especially Poachers when it's good. The mountain skis so much larger with those trails open.