• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Market going out of business sale!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
From the email I just got:
attachment.php

Doesn't seem like much of a discount for a going out of business sale...

Last edited:

hammer

I remember going to Circuit City when they were having a liquidation sale...no real deals then.

I think that liquidators advertise a lot but if you look closely they don't really give good deals, especially since all sales are final.

bvibert

Staff member
I remember going to Circuit City when they were having a liquidation sale...no real deals then.

I think that liquidators advertise a lot but if you look closely they don't really give good deals, especially since all sales are final.

Same experience with Circuit City, i was pretty disappointed actually.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Not to completely go off topic, but has anyone gone to the Bernie's going out of business sales? Are they worth the trouble? Or am I late to the game and they're already closed? :oops: :lol:

attachment.php

Last edited:

o3jeff

I think all going out of business/liquidation sales are a waste of time. If you look hard enough you can usually find a better deal at a place not going out of business, unless it is on old or display models.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Pretty typical of retail going out of business sales. Use a decent but not quite really good discount and do it off the MSRP. It gets people in the doors and less knowledgeable people will buy due to seeing the sale sign even if the deals are not that good. Keep lowering the deals with the best stuff selling first and save the "true" going out of business "everything must go" pricing for when only the junk remains.

Even at 20-40% off, I suspect you could find anything in a Ski Market cheaper somewhere else on line.

mondeo

What I want to know is, who's the jerk that posted about a negative experience with them on an online forum, causing their woes?
Not to completely go off topic, but has anyone gone to the Bernie's going out of business sales? Are they worth the trouble? Or am I late to the game and they're already closed? :oops: :lol:

attachment.php
Took a look at Bernie's when I replaced my Kitchen. Best Buy was still better.

puckoach

IMHO, they are just staying open to swallow the income from selling off their stock. Creditors won't get anything, salaries will eat it all up.

Wait till the stuff hits Building 19

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
If there are no returns and no service, then I want a better discount than these going out of business sales.

I went to Zimmerman's yesterday for new goggles and helmet for my kid yesterday over my SO's objection that I'll find a better 'deal' at Ski Market. A retailer standing behind their merch is worth $omething in my book.

MR. evil

We were going out for Japanese last night in Avon CT a d decided to stop by SkiMarket which was down the road. The 'sale' prices right now are pretty lame.

MR. evil

I was, was sitting in subway parking lot eating and browsing threads.

Did you see Wa-loaf at subway?

Have you seen his picture since he shaved the beard? I swear he is Jarrod from the Subway comercials.