• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Resort Closings 2014

Quietman

Don't they usually set that at the beginning of the season? When I had a season's pass a few years back I do remember they stayed open longer because they had the snow and the people...

Planned from the beginning.

LiftScheduleFeb2014March2014.jpg

yeggous

I'll be curious to see who is last to close in NH. Loaf will be last in ME and K last in VT but NH is a bit more up in the air.
Bretton Woods scheduled last day is 4/21 but I suppose Loon/Wildcat could possibly challenge and try and open the wknd after.

Wildcat right now is claiming that they are aiming for May 1. While they don't have much snowmaking up top, the cold temperatures might just allow it. They were blowing a couple weeks ago on Polecat to patch things up.

I fear that the Cat and other may not shoot for the last weekend in April due to Easter being the 3rd weekend. In the past when Easter falls late in April a bunch of mountains closed "because nobody came". Of course nobody comes when it's Easter, but that does not mean next weekend will be same.

drjeff

Based on current forecasts over the next couple of weeks -looks like midwinter conditions continue - and then the long range outlook into April, areas will close due to a lack of people before they close due to a lack of snow.

The skiing/boarding community needs to rise up and mount a major campaign about kids spring sports NOT starting until at least May 1st so that more people will want to, and have the weekend time to, keep going to the mountains until the snow finally melts out whenever that may be!!! :)

polski

Website
twitter.com
Look, if we need to have this thread every year at least spin it as "Ski Resorts Staying Open The Latest"

4aprice

The skiing/boarding community needs to rise up and mount a major campaign about kids spring sports NOT starting until at least May 1st so that more people will want to, and have the weekend time to, keep going to the mountains until the snow finally melts out whenever that may be!!! :)

Good luck with that Dr J. I love spring sports. Nothing beats pulling up to the lift with nobody in line. Killington (and a couple of others) will still be open after I put them away for the season.(Easter this year) As long as there's lift served within a comfortable drive I'm happy.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

wa-loaf

Soccer starts April 4th in town. I'm currently planning a trip that weekend. 1st grade soccer can wait a week ...

2knees

Soccer starts April 4th in town. I'm currently planning a trip that weekend. 1st grade soccer can wait a week ...

Are they playing indoors, cause nobody is playing outside by then. Fields are going to be a sloppy mess. And i LOVE that fact.

wa-loaf

Are they playing indoors, cause nobody is playing outside by then. Fields are going to be a sloppy mess. And i LOVE that fact.

Yeah, that's their desired start time. I still have 2-4 inches of snow over most of my yard.

makado420

There will be snow for awhile after the mountains close just going to take alittle effort to get those lines

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quietman

There will be snow for awhile after the mountains close just going to take alittle effort to get those lines

Crotched closed on 4/7 last year, this is from 4/21 when I skied top to bottom with 1 small step over. I had a good time climbing, watching the sunset, and skiing down. Did it 8 times last year.

Crotch.JPG

makado420

That's awesome man that's stuff I like to here sounds like u have a real love for skiing

Tin

Crotched closed on 4/7 last year, this is from 4/21 when I skied top to bottom with 1 small step over. I had a good time climbing, watching the sunset, and skiing down. Did it 8 times last year.

View attachment 11842

There will be bumps on UFO until May. Hell of a base there. Jupiters has had bare spots almost all year though.

fahz

Windham is another that has a set date. I believe it is the last weekend in March & they probably will be at 100% coverage too

mikec142

Soccer started the weekend of 3/9 in my town and softball starts 3/29. Turf fields. Sucks for skiing as its looking increasingly likely that I'm done for the season. Still debating a trip to Northern VT the weekend of 4/11-13.

HD333

Soccer started the weekend of 3/9 in my town and softball starts 3/29. Turf fields. Sucks for skiing as its looking increasingly likely that I'm done for the season. Still debating a trip to Northern VT the weekend of 4/11-13.

Soccer is in full swing for my girls. Training is year round but now games start back up this weekend, which will force us to come home Saturday nights, or early Sunday morning for the rest of the season....And we will miss Okemo's closing weekend (4/13) altogether because of a tournament in New Jersey, which is NOT sitting very well with me.

Smellytele

Soccer is in full swing for my girls. Training is year round but now games start back up this weekend, which will force us to come home Saturday nights, or early Sunday morning for the rest of the season....And we will miss Okemo's closing weekend (4/13) altogether because of a tournament in New Jersey, which is NOT sitting very well with me.

No spring soccer in my town but baseball/softball evals/tryouts start this weekend. Also LAX is starting up as well. Fields still have 2 feet of snow so it will only be indoor for a while...

deadheadskier

Staff member
I feel for you guys getting your season cut short due to sporting obligations from your kids. I think it was 2nd grade I started playing soccer, basketball and baseball. I quit them all by 5th grade as I didn't want to miss out on skiing for any other sport. In HS I played lax and football, but I went to high school in VT, so it didn't cut into skiing so much as the other sports did when we lived down in Mass.