• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - 1/4/2007 (night)

Greg

Staff member
Date(s) Skied: Thursday, 1/4/2007, 7:45pm - 10:10 pm

Resort or Ski Area: Ski Sundown, New Hartford, CT

Conditions: Spring conditions. Partly cloudy, warm and calm.

Trip Report: Didn't click in until almost 8 pm. Took two runs and then saw Brian and company loading a few chairs ahead. At the summit, I met up with bvibert, Grassi21 and skijay. The runs were the same as they've been the past month - Canyon, Nor'easter, Temptor or Stinger. The surface was very good - springlike and edgeable in most places. The mountain survived the rain the other day just fine and is in better shape than it was most of Christmas Week. The base is several feet in places, but there are some brown spots still poking through, most notably on Temptor.

Good to ski and chat with skijay again. He was impressed with the surface it seemed. Looking good on the full-length boards, Tim! Got to spend some time chatting with Chris as well. For the number of days you've been out in total, your skiing is damn good. Brian - your company is always a pleasure. Some highlights included skijay cautiously try a rail on Stinger. It didn't end well, but kudos for trying. ;) Also, Brian totally tore up his last run with some of the nicest and tighest turns I've seen him make down the upper part of Nor'easter. He then proceeded to rip into Temptor and cruise up a frozen path on some rock and brush on the left and finished his run solidly on the steeper section of Temptor. I've seen a lot of improvement in his skiing this season.

Another fun night with a cool bunch of guys. See you next week! :)

Grassi21

Thanks for the compliment Greg.

I had a blast tonight. Its always a good time hanging with the AZ crew. But Greg, don't forget that you hit a few of those little jumps on Stinger. You might need to trade those Volkl's for some twin tips. Maybe the PEs?

bvibert

Staff member
Thanks for the compliments Greg. I'm glad all my practicing is doing some good, I think the nice snow conditions had something to do with it though... ;)

It was a good night out with AZer's as usual. Nice to see you, skijay, again. I didn't recognize you at first with those long skis on. ;) You're looking good Grassi, you'll be ready to hit those moguls on Nor'Easter by the time they finally have enough snow to make them... I'm glad you were able to make it out Greg, as always it was nice to ski with you again. You're looking like you're definitely ready for those moguls!

Greg

Staff member
You're looking like you're definitely ready for those moguls!

I truly cannot wait for the night when I approach Nor'easter to be greeted by that simply beautiful "MOGULS" sign:

DSC06696.jpg

:spread:

skijay

It was a lot of fun on Thursday, and Sundown's conditions were quite impressive.