• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - 3.12.11

gmcunni

Date(s) Skied: 3.12.11

Resort or Ski Area: Ski Sundown

Conditions: Partly cloudy, 40s, soft wet snow (a little on the heavy side)

Trip Report: put in a couple of hours looping Gunbarrel bumps. tried to work on going faster but don't think i did very well.

Saw Jeff + kid, Greg + kids and Jarrod.

Bumps were soft but you could feel the hardpack underneath snow as it scraped off. worst part of the bumps was the "long" runout afterwards. the snow was not quite spring corn.

Jarrod was placing markers for seeding tonight, should be pretty much the same course as last year. F'ing LONG + 2 kickers.

The magic carpet appeared to be properly attended each time i passed by it.

Place was kind of empty :-(

gmcunni

forgot to add.. very depressing to see the difference in natural snow from last weekend to this. practically nothing left in the woods under the lifts. I guess 5-8 inches of rain will do that.

Greg

Staff member
Great day with the little ones. We were out for 4+ hours. Skied Toms, Canyon N'E and Temptor. Had the most fun on Toms. I had a blast railing the two jumps.....pulled off a few sloppy twister-spreads. Also did my first box and barrel bonk. Steezy.

o3jeff

Great day with the little ones. We were out for 4+ hours. Skied Toms, Canyon N'E and Temptor. Had the most fun on Toms. I had a blast railing the two jumps.....pulled off a few sloppy twister-spreads. Also did my first box and barrel bonk. Steezy.

Good seeing you out there, Nicole really enjoyed skiing with you and the girls, gave her someone different to to ski with other than me and her brothers. She was already asking when she could go back and also asked when she could ski with MrMagic some more!

Greg

Staff member
Good seeing you out there, Nicole really enjoyed skiing with you and the girls, gave her someone different to to ski with other than me and her brothers. She was already asking when she could go back and also asked when she could ski with MrMagic some more!

Oh definitely. Kids skiing with other kids makes all the difference. Glad to see Livie pick her speed up a bit. Nicole was doing great. My girls finally might be interested in a lesson, as long as it's with MrMagic! :)

planb420

I thought you were OOZING STEEEEEEZE as well....just did not want to tell you and have it go to your head LOL:razz: