• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing in Shorts at Mount Sunapee: March 31, 2006

thetrailboss

Staff member
Date(s) Skied: March 31, 2006

Resort or Ski Area: Mount Sunapee

Conditions: SC/VC Weather: 70 F and sun. "A Warm Summer Breeze" 8) :roll:

Trip Report: As promised, today was my "ski in shorts day" at Sunapee...about three weeks earlier than normal. It was 70 in White River before we headed down and the temp on the car thermometer read 73 F :eek: in the parking lot. Got my boots on, socks, and headed to the North Peak. Ms. Trailboss and I started on Goosebumps and then Lynx before hitting the HSQ. Hit Skyway Ledges to Skyway into the 'bowl. The snow cover was great...some water here and there...a few bare spots on Lynx and Goosebumps. Nice and soft...heavier snow in the Sunbowl which made Ms. TB :x

After a quick break at the summit lodge porch, we headed down Wingding to Liftline. The bumps were like VW's and not too good :x, but we poked through them with Ms. TB doing a couple faceplants. Kartwheel was getting thin, but doable.

Next run was down Blast Off...in great shape. Edge to edge. :D

We did another quick number down Skyway Ledges (great shape) to Westside and Hansen Chase...which had great soft snow that was heavy in places. Ms. TB cut out here and I closed on Flying Goose skiing my line on far skier's right. Nice and soft.

I also ran into a classmate of mine who had been skiing at Sunapee ALL SEASON and I had somehow not seen him until today :blink: Nice chatting with him.

So the snow is holding up well. One more week I was told. Beginner Hill looked thin and the terrain park area is going as well. I heard operations will be on North Peak, Sunbowl (very deep snow) and HSQ for the remainder of next week. Get up there while you can.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Do it! I went for the first time 10 days ago and really enjoyed the mountain. If these rumors of snow at the higher elevations this week hold true, it may well be worth it.

thetrailboss

Staff member
And at long last, here is the photo of me in shorts on my last day at Sunapee:

SUNAPEE_March_31_2006.jpg

You can view other pics at my new Winter 2006 Gallery.

Greg

Staff member
Yikes. :blink: We really didn't need to see that. Perhaps not leopard skins, but that pose is truly distrubing... :-o

I vow to never wear shorts when skiing. My skinny-ass legs when viewed in all their post-winter pastey white glory sticking up like two sticks out of a pair of ski boots will be as disturbing as trailboss's pose. :lol:

thetrailboss

Staff member
No, these ARE NOT leopard skin at all.

Blue and black wavy Patagonia shorts.

And IIRC Greg has been demanding these photos for quite some time.....beggars can't be choosers :wink:

Greg

Staff member
thetrailboss said:
And IIRC Greg has been demanding these photos for quite some time.....beggars can't be choosers :wink:
I don't recall anywhere ever requesting you post a pic of you getting affectionate with your skis... :puke:

;)

thetrailboss

Staff member
Greg said:
I don't recall anywhere ever requesting you post a pic of you getting affectionate with your skis... :puke:

;)

I'm not getting affectionate with the skis...I just am posed with them in front of me in such a way. BTW the fiancee is behind the camera...do you think she would allow me to get affectionate with the skis? :wink:

Greg's just jealous that someone was skiing in shorts.

Even more jealous that TB got some turns two weeks ago.

:wink:

:lol: