• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2013-14 Edition

fahz

I've done that, and it does work, but I only did it out of laziness, not trying to beat a system. I dont really see why it would matter what town you register it too, all it does is issue you the piece of paper that says you must redeem with ID etc.... so the ID is still the key I think.

Not sure it would be beating the system. But if I watched WM in Albany where no Gore ticket was available but selected Rochester that had Gore as a ticket. And I only really cared about skiing Gore, then I saved roughly eight hours of driving and still got to go to the mountain I really wanted to go to.

ScottySkis

Not sure it would be beating the system. But if I watched WM in Albany where no Gore ticket was available but selected Rochester that had Gore as a ticket. And I only really cared about skiing Gore, then I saved roughly eight hours of driving and still got to go to the mountain I really wanted to go to.

You could trade unwanted tickets here.

dlague

How? The tickets from WM are essentially a print out on paper with all my personal information that the mountain sometimes verifies with a drivers license or some other form of id?

Or trade the unused cards from the show here prior to entering the info on the WM site.

dlague

Killington Ski Council/Club Awareness Days 11/29-12/1. $37 tickets.

Stowe is up next weekend.

That is pretty good if you did not get the newsletter 2 fer. I have thought about getting a club membership (like $10-20) but I do not think I would be very active at the meetings.

In any case, we are still using our two fers.

steamboat1

Are these just show up with your club card and get the deal?

Your ski club membership card has to be either dated showing current membership or you can affix one of the currently dated stickers given out by the various ski councils to your membership card. I don't know how strict K is with enforcing this (I have a season pass for K so never tried at K) but I know Stowe is pretty strict. But yes if you have this just show up at the ticket window with your ski club card, no advance registration needed.

edit: oops K says tickets must be purchased at the Snowshed lodge.

Last edited:

steamboat1

That is pretty good if you did not get the newsletter 2 fer. I have thought about getting a club membership (like $10-20) but I do not think I would be very active at the meetings.

In any case, we are still using our two fers.
I have a sneaky feeling K will be raising their rates this weekend from their current rate of $69 so this will still be a better deal than the 2fer & you don't have to have a friend or find one.

Don't forget that their advertised weekend/holiday rate when they get more open will be $89. I wouldn't be surprised to see $79 this weekend with both Snowshed & Ramshead open.

Last edited:

ScottySkis

25$ lift tickets to Mountsnow not good on holidays good any other times. On sale today Black Friday November 29 and Monday Cyber December 2 Monday .I put up link when I get to work. This as cheap as it gets.
I got the email yesterday.

ScottySkis

25$ lift tickets to Mountsnow not good on holidays good any other times. On sale today Black Friday November 29 and Monday Cyber December 2 Monday .I put up link when I get to work. This as cheap as it gets.
I got the email yesterday.

http://echo3.bluehornet.com/hostede...66071b9557c93e57caffdbc57cdfadf5&ei=seSEv2pDN

[h=2]Happy Thanksgiving![/h]
The way things are nowadays, you need to plan ahead in order to get the best deal on that perfect gift. As you get your shopping strategy together, be sure to include a visit to the Mount Snow eStore on Black Friday and Cyber Monday for some unbelievable deals on lift tickets for this season. How unbelievable? Check it out: 1- Day lift tickets available Black Friday and Cyber Monday (non-holiday) - $25
2-Day lift tickets available Black Friday and Cyber Monday (non-holiday) - $50
1-Day tickets for any Monday on Cyber Monday only (no blackout dates) - Adult: $49, Youth/Senior: $39
4-Pack available on Cyber Monday only (no blackout dates) - $199
As always with deals like this, there are a very limited number available and only for a limited time! But these aren't the only great lift ticket deals on our eStore. Plug in some dates on the calendar that work for you and revel in the savings. On certain days this season, advance purchase lift tickets can be found for as much as 63% off the window rate.
Happy shopping!
The Mount Snow Team
spacer.png

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Mountain Sports Club black friday special for "free" members. upgrade to premium for 19.95

Allsportsprotection.com - good prices on ski/board helmets and other protective gear and accessories. today, 20% off made me stop and drop some coin.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
sugarbush

sugarbush - looks like the deal of the week.
quad pack $200 unrestricted, transferable until 11-30

http://www.sugarbush.com/vermont-skiing-snowboarding/quad-pack

For sale thru November only, we’ve packaged up four, completely unrestricted 2013/14 Adult All Mountain lift tickets and are offering them for just $199. A serious savings. And the Quad Pack tickets are transferable, so you and your friends, family, or co-workers can use them. But you have to act fast, the Quad Pack is gone when December hits. - See more at: http://www.sugarbush.com/vermont-skiing-snowboarding/quad-pack#sthash.0f3ixYft.dpuf

Savemeasammy

I just followed Scotty's link for the Mt. Snow tickets. I didn't see anything for $25, but I did get tickets for $12! They are for Thursday, Dec. 12th. Not sure how long it will last...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk