• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

skiing the Mother Lode

wa-loaf

I think you two need to get a room. :puke:

Jeeze what a love fest ...

Puck it

Unfarkin real !!! Mark Valley is a friend of the family He went to school with my kids and his 2 sisters are actresses too . theyt are in NY and La and doing plays and commercials

Gary Goolden and Wayne Houmiel ( Football with Valley ) and Valley are all friends . Pinky was AWESOME guy he coached m y kid . My kid was track . XC and footbal played 4 yrs at UB in track and XC . The queen was a Jr High librarian there and One of my ski buddies is Plimpton the principal who also worked in football.

Damn -- what small world .Glad to find out -- we both probably know many of the same people

Clarkie must have come on right after Goolden to coach Hockey . Denio was a "horse" in the late 70's in hockey he lives 3 houses up from me and we're pretty tight too.

I know Mark. He and I hung out during the summer at weight training when my brother was a senior playing football for Mike. Plimpton was coaching when I was there, football as an assistant. Plimpy will know my family well.

I see Wayne when I go up all the time. I stay at his brother's camp which use to be his parents. When you see him, tell him Timmer's youngest brother said hello and see at you camp for the wedding.

I transferred soph year to UB where I met my wife and then went back to CU for Phd. Played hockey at CU as afrosh and then continued at UB. My defensive partner at UB was a Red Raider. Dave Loffler, Doug's nephew.

Puck it

LMAO -- yeah ole Wilber was a piece o work . my kid LOVED him he had nicknames for everybody -- called my kid "Crazy Horse" -- ROFLMAO

Yeah and Leslie Farrand ( Now in NYC) was a friend and classmate of my daughter who lives now in Littleton with her Clarkson husband who was All Northern guard for Valley at OFA . he graduated in 84 too .

I knew Kim. Actually dated her for a while, so she was a 83.

Warp Daddy

I know Mark. He and I hung out during the summer at weight training when my brother was a senior playing football for Mike. Plimpton was coaching when I was there, football as an assistant. Plimpy will know my family well.

I see Wayne when I go up all the time. I stay at his brother's camp which use to be his parents. When you see him, tell him Timmer's youngest brother said hello and see at you camp for the wedding.

I transferred soph year to UB where I met my wife and then went back to CU for Phd.

Damn straight I will .

Hummer and Barb are our BEST buddies .

They were married THE EXACT SAME DAY and yr as me and the Queen. . Our pics were in the paper together when we both celebrated our 45th anniversaries this past summer. Staying at Jeff's in RM huh nice spot !

Plimps is great a freaking legend , he and i just skied with his son Tommy and HIS kids a couple weeks ago , Before Bill left for Fla , Toms a lawyer in Plattsburgh region now.

Puck it

Damn straight I will .

Hummer and Barb are our BEST buddies .

They were married THE EXACT SAME DAY and yr as me and the Queen. . Our pics were in the paper together when we both celebrated our 45th anniversaries this past summer. Staying at Jeff's in RM huh nice spot !

Plimps is great a freaking legend , he and i just skied with his son Tommy and HIS kids a couple weeks ago , Before Bill left for Fla , Toms a lawyer in Plattsburgh region now.

Tommy was mucher younger, he may have been aoround my nephew's age 39ish or older. I am getting old. Few brain cells left from the beer blasts at CU.

We have the yellow camp at Jeff's. Sue and Jeff called the woman that has it every year for that week and she did not so we got it. That is so funny how you know Wayne. When we see him at camp it is for the fried dough mega breakfast.

Warp Daddy

Tommy was mucher younger, he may have been aoround my nephew's age 39ish or older. I am getting old. Few brain cells left from the beer blasts at CU.

We have the yellow camp at Jeff's. Sue and Jeff called the woman that has it every year for that week and she did not so we got it. That is so funny how you know Wayne. When we see him at camp it is for the fried dough mega breakfast.

Puck : This is gettin too damn funny . Hummer and Plimps and me go WAY back !! Lots of laffs and
Back in the day my man many cylinders of the amber beverage were destroyed in THAT yellow camp :D:D'

Those 2 turkeys still play golf up here "in the damn snow "till Hummer heads to Fla .

U should see Plimps ski-- it's a thing of beauty -- still rips down the mtn on his Titanium knee and Lubed up joints -- a madman !

Damn you'd FIT right in -- man --Like ya NEVER left !!

Puck it

Puck : This is gettin too damn funny . Hummer and Plimps and me go WAY back !! Lots of laffs and
Back in the day my man many cylinders of the amber beverage were destroyed in THAT yellow camp :D:D'

Those 2 turkeys still play golf up here "in the damn snow "till Hummer heads to Fla .

U should see Plimps ski-- it's a thing of beauty -- still rips down the mtn on his Titanium knee and Lubed up joints -- a madman !

Damn you'd FIT right in -- man --Like ya NEVER left !!

I would. You can not take the North Country out of me. Pisses my wife off at times. Keep buying your gas at my bro's store on Canton St too.

Warp Daddy

I would. You can not take the North Country out of me. Pisses my wife off at times. Keep buying your gas at my bro's store on Canton St too.[/QUO

Yeah it's like i tell all my colleagues at other colleges the North Country is like "Cheers" everybody know's your name !I 'll mention you to those 2 wild men when i see them and hey who know we might run into each other when you're up here .

Hell yeah we'll buy that Sunoco :D---- got a "chopper card" it's a good deal LMAO

always a pleasure Doc Puckster !!

Puck it

I would. You can not take the North Country out of me. Pisses my wife off at times. Keep buying your gas at my bro's store on Canton St too.[/QUO

Yeah it's like i tell all my colleagues at other colleges the North Country is like "Cheers" everybody know's your name !I 'll mention you to those 2 wild men when i see them and hey who know we might run into each other when you're up here .

Hell yeah we'll buy that Sunoco :D---- got a "chopper card" it's a good deal LMAO

always a pleasure Doc Puckster !!

One more. Do you know Judge Richards?

Puck it

Yeah when i was interim President of the college, Jerry was on the Board of Trustees that hired me

Jerry is a friend of the family. He has been to my house in Boston when my older brother had surgery at Mass General years ago. He brought his kids down. It was in the mid 90's. Not good time for my family. Another story.

I grew up right across the street from OFA on State St. I was late to school everyday.

He are a couple of names

Giglio lived Crescent drive. She taught Latin. Their son was a classmate.

Smiths lived on Proctor Ave. Classmate that has an ortho practice in LP.

Coles. Father was a teacher. The son was my tailback and helped break the assist record for hockey. He went Cornell on a hockey scholarship.

Denoncourt. I played hockey with him. His wife was a classmate also is the pharmacist at Kinney's

I have others.

Warp Daddy

Hell yeah I knew Joe and Winnie Giglio, she worked with The Queen . Kathy & Lee Smith have been friends for yrs , lee passed away couple yrs ago and Billy -- hell yeah Big time Ortho in Placid --does great work . I'm on the Hospital Board here for yrs and been trying to get Billy back 9 no chance he's got it made in Placid)

Eddie Jo Cole and i played Hoops for Oscars for yrs in the ole BB league and yeah his kid Dave ( i think) was the Cornellian.

And while i don't know Joe D i taught his wife Jenn the pharmacist in several seminars i taught as a consultant in retail and research end of the Pharma Business when i had a parallel career in addition to my regular SUNY work

Small world bro !!

Jerry is a friend of the family. He has been to my house in Boston when my older brother had surgery at Mass General years ago. He brought his kids down. It was in the mid 90's. Not good time for my family. Another story.

I grew up right across the street from OFA on State St. I was late to school everyday.

He are a couple of names

Giglio lived Crescent drive. She taught Latin. Their son was a classmate.

Smiths lived on Proctor Ave. Classmate that has an ortho practice in LP.

Coles. Father was a teacher. The son was my tailback and helped break the assist record for hockey. He went Cornell on a hockey scholarship.

Denoncourt. I played hockey with him. His wife was a classmate also is the pharmacist at Kinney's

I have others.

Puck it

This goes to show that the six degrees of separation is real.

Bill was a very close friend. He and I always fought for the number 1 spot in class. I beat him but I was 3rd and he was 4th. Two girls ended up ahead of us. At least I was ahead of him. When he was in the Army, he did sometime at the Presido when my wife and I worked for Intel. We saw him a few times.

Dave Cole ended not playing hockey after freshman year. He met his future wife and lost his scholarship as far as I know.

We must know each other or heard of the families. This is too freaky.

Warp Daddy

This goes to show that the six degrees of separation is real.

Bill was a very close friend. He and I always fought for the number 1 spot in class. I beat him but I was 3rd and he was 4th. Two girls ended up ahead of us. At least I was ahead of him. When he was in the Army, he did sometime at the Presido when my wife and I worked for Intel. We saw him a few times.

Dave Cole ended not playing hockey after freshman year. He met his future wife and lost his scholarship as far as I know.

We must know each other or heard of the families. This is too freaky.

Yeah u KNOW the Burg -- hell everybody knows everybody !! :D:D. It's always interesting to me that our best and often brightest head to other locations to make their way in the world BUT man whenever they can they hightail it back here . My kids are in Manhattan and Greater Boston but freaking love it here .

Everytime me and the Queen investigate moving to the Glens Falls ?LG region they piss n' moan and the grandkiddos really love the River and the Seaway Festival oh and Titus BTW :D but i ain't taking THEM to Hell's Kitchen :stirpot:

A recent phenomenon is that several of your vintage have returned home from metro areas to live here and either telecommute and in some cases are airline pilots and can hitch rides from Ottawa or SYR airports .

We still live in a big ole Dutch Colonial in town -- we love the old joint

Puck it

Yeah u KNOW the Burg -- hell everybody knows everybody !! :D:D. It's always interesting to me that our best and often brightest head to other locations to make their way in the world BUT man whenever they can they hightail it back here . My kids are in Manhattan and Greater Boston but freaking love it here .

Everytime me and the Queen investigate moving to the Glens Falls ?LG region they piss n' moan and the grandkiddos really love the River and the Seaway Festival oh and Titus BTW :D but i ain't taking THEM to Hell's Kitchen :stirpot:

A recent phenomenon is that several of your vintage have returned home from metro areas to live here and either telecommute and in some cases are airline pilots and can hitch rides from Ottawa or SYR airports .

We still live in a big ole Dutch Colonial in town -- we love the old joint

Love some of the old houses along the Crescent. Augsbury's old house. I still can not believe how cheap that sold for. Larry Langley's house next Jeff's place was a teal too. BTW, since you are familar Jeff's place, my brother's camper is the first one on the left when you turn in the property.

Where do you golf mostly BTW? Partridge Run? That is where we play mostly when we are up.

Warp Daddy

Love some of the old houses along the Crescent. Augsbury's old house. I still can not believe how cheap that sold for. Larry Langley's house next Jeff's place was a teal too. BTW, since you are familar Jeff's place, my brother's camper is the first one on the left when you turn in the property.

Where do you golf mostly BTW? Partridge Run? That is where we play mostly when we are up.

I play mostly at new course at Brier Hill - love the new baCK 9 --'SPECIALLY THE LAST 3 IN THE WOODS .
Also play Waddington and the CC here . Play a month in the fall in the LG / Glens Falls region and over near you in 495 land -- play in Westminster and a shorter course Chelsmford CC about 5 miles from my daughters place in Littleton.

Funny u mention's Augie's house.

We almost bought the one on the Library park on the River 3 yrs ago. -- Freaking standstone mansion all done over 9 brs and 9 marble Baths and a 1600 sf carriage house with full English gardens and a 3 rd floor the entire length of whicjh is a media room with towers that look out over the River from the International Bridge to Lighthouse Point all for 315K .-- go figure

I was trying to get my son and DIL both Hospital Pharmacists to move back here from Manhattan and figured me and the Queen would take the first floor suite :D -- but alas couldn't budge them from their brownstone a block off Cent Park in the west 80's . Its been in her family for decades and is a super location for them . It was TOO damn much house for me and the Queen so we stayed put :D