• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skinny Skis Full Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

madman

Is this A great week or what? New snow ,Full Moon , Skinny Skis and nothing on TV. I took the dog and went out about 9 pm. Skied for about 2 hrs. With the full moon and my headlamp it was like daylight. Only wish i had rembered to buy olives for my martini after.Owell enjoy

Vortex

I was thinking about putting on my snow shoes tonight and going out. I definately will go for a mountain walk tonight. Great idea good post. Drink beer less to remember :beer:

madman

Just remember the farther u go from the full moon date the later you need to wait for good light. Beer huh, i will have to try that!

B

beswift

Yes, I agree although I didn't go skiing in the moonlight. I don't think you needed a headlight if you went out on a golf course or other open field. I've been skinny skiing so much, it affected my knees so I'm sticking to snowshoes for a while. There's so much snow here on Cape Cod that they're an advantage in trackless terrain, too. Tell me why would the supply shop in Minn. be named New Moon Ski Shop and not Full Moon? Is it because they only work when the Moon is new? Whatever, they have a wide selection of supplies.

ctenidae

It must be very cold skinny skiing. What about socks?

Nice. That would tend to affect your knees- knocking together shivering and all...

B

beswift

The only way to de-cypher these replies would be to see that the posters are confusing skinny dipping with skinny skiing. Not that going out in tights doesn't resemble swimming naked, but I would like to inform you that these activities, although very good for the health and physique, are no similar than Apples and Oranges. As to socks, they are quite necessary for one and quite a hinderance for the other. I pity you, though, since your posting reveals that you have tried neither. IMHO they are the two most fulfilling human activities (other than the horizontal tango). Futhermore, what most people don't realize would be that skinny skiing requires little in the way of clothing in spite of the weather while skinny dipping requires a reserve of clothing in case the fascists may stumble upon the scene. Consequently, bad knees wouldn't be an adjunct to any sock condition, while odious and obnoxious posting might.

ctenidae

beswift- It's called "humor"- look it up sometime. Of course we were mixing up the two possible meanings of "skinny." Therein lies "teh funnay"

dmc

beswift said:
The only way to de-cypher these replies would be to see that the posters are confusing skinny dipping with skinny skiing. Not that going out in tights doesn't resemble swimming naked, but I would like to inform you that these activities, although very good for the health and physique, are no similar than Apples and Oranges. As to socks, they are quite necessary for one and quite a hinderance for the other. I pity you, though, since your posting reveals that you have tried neither. IMHO they are the two most fulfilling human activities (other than the horizontal tango). Futhermore, what most people don't realize would be that skinny skiing requires little in the way of clothing in spite of the weather while skinny dipping requires a reserve of clothing in case the fascists may stumble upon the scene. Consequently, bad knees wouldn't be an adjunct to any sock condition, while odious and obnoxious posting might.
Midol.jpg

RossiSkier

You're saying he has PMS? or he's acting like a woman? You don't have any smiley faces, my God you're serious!

:lol:

dmc

RossiSkier said:
You're saying he has PMS? or he's acting like a woman? You don't have any smiley faces, my God you're serious!

:lol:

Like a heart attack... ;)

Greg

Staff member
This thread has run its course and will now certainly just degenerate to a flame. dmc - please don't feed the trolls...

Locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.