• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowforecast.com

chris_snowforecast

another comment

Thanks for the questions and interest! I also wanted to mention that our longer range forecast discussions (that are free), are well known in the Western US for calling some storms well in advance, sometimes 2 weeks out. We will be applying the same methodology for the East Coast. I say "sometimes" because we are not always on target, and if ever a weather forecaster says they are, they are either lying or ignorant of their profession.

Have an awesome season!

Vortex

I use that all the time in the winter. did the temps not go to metric last year? Click on greg's name and it will allow you to send him a pm.

chris_snowforecast

pepperdawg -"I think I had this site bookmarked a few years ago and somehow lost it - good site if memory serves....."

If you headed to any Colorado ski resort it's quite probable that you have used our site, As many of the ski resorts in Colorado link to our forecast from their snow report or home page. If you did, thanks for using the site!

psyflyer

I used your site often for finding out average annual snowfall amounts in every resort, but now I can't find it, did you get rid of that info? Looks like you added plenty of content but for a computer challenged person like me its very busy and confusing.

WinnChill

Psyflyer,

Thanks for the feedback. The annual snowfall for each resort is on the State resort list page, last column http://www.snowforecast.com/NewHampshireSkiResorts

As for content, I understand what you're saying--we do tend to get a little technical in our discussions http://www.snowforecast.com/AttitashResort, but we figure skiers/boarders are weather saavy for the most part and we take our chances. But we definately take your suggestion to heart and will try to tailor it more effectively.

Happy Thanksgiving,
WinnChill

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I really like snowforecast.com. I like how you list the resorts with vertical drops and annual snowfalls on one page so it's easy to compare to nearby resorts. I think the forecasting is a little optimistic, but that's not any different than every other website. Keep up the good work.

Damato

Used site last year. It was pretty accurate if memory is correct.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I've been using this for years. Great when you're on a trip and looking to make some gear decisions for the day!

WinnChill

Kerovick,

Since our custom forecasts are work intensive, it's difficult to cover all areas with a small team of forecasters. We're slowly building up to it but there will be some areas that are not covered fully right now...it's just the nature of the biz right now.

Also, our NH and ME discussions are missing right now--just a minor tech glitch that popped up this morning and should be resolved today.

Thanks for checking it out!

-WC