• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

So where's the snow????

drjeff

This storm just refuses to move East. Originally this AM, the low was looking like it was headed up the CT river valley, thus getting atleast the Greens in on the action during the day today, but now looking at the radar, the center of rotation of this one looks like it's smack dab over the middle of the Hudson River Valley. Lots of precip bands being pulled in off the Atlantic on the East of the storm which is keeping the warm, wet air locked into New England, even the 'dacks are having trouble getting decent snows right now as the warm stuff is being pulled North of the storm, across the 'dacks, and the colder air is setting up so far in a line from basically Watertown, NY back SE towards Albany and then down across the Catskills. Going to need the Low to move a bit further North to really get the 'dacks into the cold air(and even that's a relative term since it's mid/upper 20's at best) and get the snow going there. Most of the Greens will have to wait until the low pretty much crosses the Border into Canada and further intensifies and really starts to pull some cold air down as the storm departs.

Just like with any East Coast snow event, the track of the low makes a HUGE difference and this one just refuses to move East and/or redevelop offshore as a secondary coastal low to get the cold air into place across New England. :(

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I saw lots of snow in Avenel before, took the ride over to Plainfield where there wasn't as much.

Took a quick ride to Famous Daves in Mountainside for lunch and saw some sticking to the grass!

AMAC2233

Sitting in Boston right now looking out the window and it is sunny in Downtown Crossing. Where is the snow? :(

Passed under you twice today...but I agree about the weather. Just 3 years ago to this day we got about 3 inches of snow here in the city

ERJ-145CA

i cant fina any web cams of north jersey i need to know if i need to drive up to susex to make turns heeelppp. what do i do.

Unfortunately I'm on a trip but I talked to my wife earlier today and she said there was about 3 inches on the lawn. I live about 10 minutes from Mountain Creek.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
Unfortunately I'm on a trip but I talked to my wife earlier today and she said there was about 3 inches on the lawn. I live about 10 minutes from Mountain Creek.

there is that sussex weather site but every cam is out. there is one place on 206 right past 94 heading north that has a bunch of pines and the grass is low cut. its about an 600ft run.

i wonder if MC is actually going to raise prices on the the passes tonight seeing as they will get more than 2"

Dr Skimeister

There was no snow at all in McAfee at 6PM. A coating of slush on the grass in Wantage right now, 5 miles eastsoutheast of High Point. I'd be amazed if there was that much different up on the mountain.

Warp Daddy

Still snowing steadily and with sustained winds . I 've got about 3 in in my back yard here on the Riv The "high peaks" in the Dacks must be getting it fairly good

a guy i work with lives in pocono pines PA...he had 9" in his yard this morning and it was still snowing...14" by this afternoon. Go Steezy, get your MSY-vert :razz: