• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

So where's the snow????

TwinTips21

There was no snow at all in McAfee at 6PM. A coating of slush on the grass in Wantage right now, 5 miles eastsoutheast of High Point. I'd be amazed if there was that much different up on the mountain.

This is an elevation and longitudinal event, I've heard reports from Pennsylvania of a location at 1200 feet getting 3-4 inches while locations at 2000 feet getting 16 inches while only being a few miles apart. High Point State Park is reporting 14 inches, I don't know how Mountain Creek is making out though.

air0rmc

here.....!

Cassville/Sauquoit central NY state area , elevation around 1400'.I left for Syracuse Airport @ 03:15 hrs for work and my power was out and I measured 11" of very dense snow......Yippy....!

dmc

Yea they would pull that from the nymphomaniac stripper mentoring fund put in place by Spitzer before his untimely exit.

We can only hope she was a nympho.... Otherwise - what a waste...

You ex-Gov on the other hand.... well.... not that there's anything wrong with that... but....

k2 four

We can only hope she was a nympho.... Otherwise - what a waste...

You ex-Gov on the other hand.... well.... not that there's anything wrong with that... but....

I don't think Joisey was actually paying for the sweaty man butt that our gov was into. Besides everyone is entitled to their own thing.

dmc

I don't think Joisey was actually paying for the sweaty man butt that our gov was into. Besides everyone is entitled to their own thing.

yeah... cool.... whatever...

So - my power is still out in Hunter... My girl didn't even try to make it home yesterday and stayed in the valley...
Leaving Stamford CT to get home and see whats up... and make some turns of course...

ERJ-145CA

From the air today I saw Hunter and it looked like it had a ton of snow, the Skills looked nice and white but I couldn't see any other ski areas because of clouds. Also saw a little bit of snow at the very top of Mountain Creek and Hidden Valley in Jersey. The Poconos looked snowy too but again too many clouds to make out any ski areas. Just seeing snow while flying around was great though.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
From the air today I saw Hunter and it looked like it had a ton of snow, the Skills looked nice and white but I couldn't see any other ski areas because of clouds. Also saw a little bit of snow at the very top of Mountain Creek and Hidden Valley in Jersey. The Poconos looked snowy too but again too many clouds to make out any ski areas. Just seeing snow while flying around was great though.

what route do you normally fly?

ERJ-145CA

I don't have a route, every trip is different, today I flew from Detroit to Newark then to Quebec and back. It would probably get pretty boring if I always flew the same thing. Anyway coming from the west usually gives me a good view of the Poconos and from eastern Canada and New England I get a good view Vermont, NH and NY...as long as it's not cloudy.