• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

SR night skiing op plan announced

AndyEich

Actually, SR's tubing area is pretty much the only one I would actually visit more than once. It's pretty neat, rather than a straight run like most areas, it's either a series of large banked turns, or there's a long curving run (I think it dumps out on the end of Roadrunner?). At least, that's how it was when I did it in 2004 or 2005.

Last year they just had the large banked turns run--the other didn't open and it looks like construction of the Tempest Ridge condos may prevent it from ever opening again.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them move it to the South Ridge area since that's going to become the center of action at night.
________
Head shop

Last edited:

jerryg

Last year they just had the large banked turns run--the other didn't open and it looks like construction of the Tempest Ridge condos may prevent it from ever opening again.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them move it to the South Ridge area since that's going to become the center of action at night.

It's too bad, really, because that second two just sat there idle and could have been a great addition to one of the parks or the pipe.

...Snoseek is awesome in that pipe! :snow:

millerm277

Too bad, although the large banked turns one was the one I had the most fun on. (It was -5, and it was enjoyable enough that I stayed out there for a couple hours.) But, the other one was nice for little kids and other people, as it went fast, but wasn't as rough as the banked turn one.

I'd think that would be a good idea, as long as they recreate what they've got now. Straight chutes get boring fast.