• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Steepest slope in the east

awf170

ALLSKIING said:
salida said:
are you asking for the steepest slope at a ski area? or in the east in general?
Ski area.
hmmmm for a really short spot the backside it is steeper then white nitro, a very small section though.

and nice thread idea, always brings up good arguement :D

takeahike46er

When The Rumor first opened at Gore it was billed as the steepest trail in the east. While the headwall has been toned down in recent years it certainly ranks among the steepest.

Vortex

I vote White Nitro. Ga2ski, you think black hole is steeper than Upper Vortex. Maybe its the transition from the upper part to lower section of the trail that makes Vortex seems more challenging to me. Also the view up the chair makes Black hole look steep and usually icy.. Anyway I would prefer upper and lower vortex over White Nitro or black hole.

loafer89

I agree that the Rumor trail at Gore gets my vote for steepest and scariest run in New York State. When I skied the trail in January 2003, they had just opened it with a nice coating of machine made ice, I was happy to make it down in one piece. :eek:

St. Jerry

I have skied them all in the north east/New England and the upper section/headwall of the Rumor at Gore on the skier's left is the steepest trail out there.