• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Subaru to Buy Hummer

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I thought Carrie was dead set on getting the old Jeep back on the road for her next ride. :lol:

You might have a battle on your hands there big man.

I carefully worded that as the next time we purchase a vehicle for her it won't likely be a SUV. We already own the Jeep, which she will be driving shortly (hopefully), after that we'll be purchasing her something... ;)
:D

It was a tough decision, actually... continue driving the Blazer (which is a huge POS) which gets 14 MPG and is 11 years old. Or fix the 1978 Jeep Cherokee S, which is a bigger vehicle... and also gets about the same MPG. Plus the Cherokee is a beaut. :D

In the end... sure, getting a vehicle with better gas mileage would save me money at the pump. BUT both these vehicles are paid off and adding a car payment would cost me more overall. So yeah, hate me. I'll be driving this beast again soon. But at least I won't have a car payment.
DSC00158.sized.jpg

I do miss my VWs. The Cabrio regularly got 25 mpg. The 1980s Jettas would get more than 30 mpg. But I can't fit everything I need in one of them. And, again, I don't want a car payment. I'll likely get another VW car once we have enough money saved, but it won't be a small one. Just can't do it these days.

bvibert

Staff member
Me either, personally- if I'm in the car and the needle points to E, not much choice, I think.

Exactly! If I need gas I stop at the nearest convenient station and get some. I'm definitely not going to drive all over town to try and save a few cents.

koreshot

So the Mini is now a "girly car"? Thats just wrong! :)

Especially when it is probably in the top 3 of the best handling front wheel drive cars the US has ever seen, in stock form anyway.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com

Especially when it is probably in the top 3 of the best handling front wheel drive cars the US has ever seen, in stock form anyway.

Is that kinda like being the smartest man from Arkansas?

I keeed...

mondeo

Girly car is about perception, not capability. If I were to ever buy a FWD car again, the Mini would be on the list.

koreshot

Is that kinda like being the smartest man from Arkansas?

Not Arkansas, but pretty close... took the Mini to the boonies of West Virginia a few months ago. Summit Point Shenandoah circuit.

I can't believe I am saying this, but it was more fun than skiing.

Pictures taken near the carousel, which is an exact dimmensional replicate of the famous Nurburgring carousel. Holy suspension compression!!!

Geoff

Exactly! If I need gas I stop at the nearest convenient station and get some. I'm definitely not going to drive all over town to try and save a few cents.

I pay attention to prices and shop at the cheapest place that's along my route. I also glance at the web-based gasoline price reporting site when I'm going to make a lengthy trip to get an idea of where I should be buying gas along the way. I won't drive out of my way to save a few pennies but I comparison shop gasoline just like I comparison shop everything else.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I pay attention to prices and shop at the cheapest place that's along my route. I also glance at the web-based gasoline price reporting site when I'm going to make a lengthy trip to get an idea of where I should be buying gas along the way. I won't drive out of my way to save a few pennies but I comparison shop gasoline just like I comparison shop everything else.

same here. Prices can vary as much as 20 cents locally and 30-40 cents up in Maine.