• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush 04/26/08

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
well i haven't been to sugarbush since i had my bigpass in college. i have never really stayed in the area so i didn't know what to expect. on thursday tried calling all the places listed on the mad valley site the only one that called back was slidebrook i would have tried the golden lion again but we had a huge event at one of the properties we just finished and i needed to train the techs.
dancers gota love'em
Picture_0221.jpg

the lighting looks good
Picture_029.jpg

the largest roof top club in nyc
Picture_0341.jpg

damm its packed
Picture_035.jpg

the event was for Jose Cuervo's new ultra premuim. so saying people where drunk is an understatement. they went through 300 + bottles that a lot of tequila.
so needless to say i did not get up to early. i finally got on the road around 3 or 4. i got to the slidebrook around 9:40.
Picture_001.jpg

this place is a crash pad. it reminded me of my house in college. people party late here so if you need quite this is not a place for you. good thing i was pretty tired from thursdays partying.
ignoored my first alarm, finally got up at 9:15. stoped at the paridise market to pick up some stuff. by the way are there no 24 hour stores neer bush? the only place i could think of was all the up in waterbury.
the guy parked next to me was from the jerz as well thought his two for one would work. i was doubtfull but who cares. it didn't work out purchased my $29 ticket and jumped on the lift.
Picture_007.jpg

went right down to heavens gate
Picture_010.jpg

took a run down Organgrinder and Ripcord. i wasn't felling the bumps. however it was just me, people where rippin. coverage was well interesting
Picture_017.jpg

meet a guy from new zealand i think, who spoted my ticket camelwack from one of the last days and said he didn't know they where even open. lift stoped and i started talking about that destructive chair left vid i saw on you tube. he said they do same thing with submarine parts to which i said i do the same with pa systems. we both agreed dustructive testing is cool.
cut back down to spring fling
Picture_014.jpg

Picture_021.jpg

Last edited:

hardline

afternoon

decided to get lunch. they had the chef from the timbers out grillin. told him it was drizziling, he said it was a hallucination, i agreed and ordered a burger and a beer. for $14 i got a beer, burger, beans, mac salad, and some watermellon. not bad price.
got on the lift and just lapped spring fling untill 2. by that time i had done close to 20 runs and decided that i was done. i decided to leave so i could go home and finish some wiring diagrams for an upcomming project. met a guy in the parking lot that was trying to get me do some hangliding with him over here.
Picture_026.jpg

he said he had gotten it to work earlier, but i really had to get home to finish up work, but took his card and might go in early summer. the sun was just comming out as i was leaving
i decided to go down rt100. i forgot how cool the drive is between the bush and ruttland. killington still has snow.
Picture_031.jpg

all in all was a fun mini trip. i would love to go when there is better coverage so i could explore the mountain more but stowe is just up the road. east coast lift service is done for me. one more trip to left coast for lift serviced then im done with north america till its chile time. i had a good season with enough powder days, not enough spring days, and i broke 90 days for north america. time to break out the dirt bikes for enduro and MTB for downhill

Last edited:
Excellent report..I think the only 24 hour market might be the Shaws in Waterbury..or maybe the mini-mart at the I-89 Waterbury exit.

davidhowland14

Website
www.frigidlight.com
how 'bout some more pics of the dancer's coverage? hopefully it was similiary spotty.

nice tr. I just got back from a week in indiana and the amount of meltage that happened in a week is incredible.

hardline

how 'bout some more pics of the dancer's coverage? hopefully it was similiary spotty.

nice tr. I just got back from a week in indiana and the amount of meltage that happened in a week is incredible.

they had dancers all over the place and all the staff was wearing these mask with feathers in them. it looked like a bunch of peacocks running around. it has a sort of eyes wide shut vibe. i still have to sort through the photos from the event.