• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush 2/14 & 2/15

wtcobb

Took advantage of the $14 Valentine's deal at Sugarbush. Arrived in Montpelier late late Wednesday night, so got a late start on Thursday (~10:30 first run). Castlerock was closed both days (bummer) Super Bravo was closed in the morning but the runs off the double and North Lynx skied great in the morning. Tried out Egan's Woods off the double - it was better than I expected with loose coverage, but dropping out onto the lift line was rough. In the afternoon Super Bravo opened up and we were first on the lift. Made it over to Heaven's Gate and tried Lew's Line - poor choice. Very sparse coverage after about halfway down. By the later afternoon most trails - especially any bumps - were getting icy and slick, but we stuck it out til 4.

Friday we got an earlier start but the blasting zone on 100 delayed us again (ugh). Managed to make the chair by 9:30 though. The double, North Lynx, and Heaven's Gate were closed for wind, so after a few turns off Bravo and Gate House we headed over to Ellen. That side of the mountain was empty and seemed to have much better coverage, if only for not being skied off. The woods off Lookin' Good and Bravo were a blast. Took a few summit to base non-stop burners. We continued jumping in and out of the woods until I hit a creek bed coming out back onto the trail - double eject faceplant. Wind knocked out of me, but no damage!

Later in the afternoon we headed back to Lincoln Peak to finish up the day. Ended right at 3pm to grab some food before the long ride home watching all the traffic head north.

Thanks to my free ticket from Warren Miller and the V-Day special, two days of skiing for $14. Not bad!