• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf Lift Accident - 3/21/15

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm not sure what the answer is to their base area layout. The Base Lodge is inconvenient to basically everything except WT. Between the way the village is laid out and surrounding condos, there's not much you can do.

Jully

I'm not sure what the answer is to their base area layout. The Base Lodge is inconvenient to basically everything except WT. Between the way the village is laid out and surrounding condos, there's not much you can do.

There's some room down by the Superquad though. If you eliminated some of the drop off parking, you could maybe build a second lodge? A realigned Bucksaw lift over closer to the superquad could create a nice little hub.

Really expensive project though... I don't think SL loses a lot of skier/rider traffic because of the base layout.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Not to throw cold water on this thread, but they are having a hard enough time properly maintaining their existing lift infrastructure. I know that their 2020 plan calls for a new signature lift, but I don't think it is coming anytime soon. :(

delco714

My decision will be either to move west or use the money to go boarding west for 2 weeks a year

delco714

Any one headed to sugarloaf tomorrow?? Last day for us for the season