• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River 4/13/07 - POWDER DAY!!!

aveski2000

Marc and I headed up to Sunday River today. We were on the Jordan lift a little after 9:00. Headed down Excalibur. There was a cat track down the center, with fluffy packed powder. Other than that, it was pretty much untracked. We did a couple of runs and then took four runs or so down Rogue Angel. I was in a fast track learning mode in 12" - 18" of untracked powder. I took a major face plant but came up laughing. Started getting the hang of it fairly quickly and was blasting off the bumps on top having a great time. Marc was doing the same on his snowboard. We then headed over to the Blind Ambition Glades where we had our best runs of the day. More untracked lines. We were blasting over knolls and catching some air. We stopped for lunch and headed over to the South Ridge to meet some friends. We all headed back to Jordan, where the snow was tracked up but still soft. My legs were beat, but we took a few more runs. marc and I finished the day with a couple of runs down Blind Ambition. This was my best day of the year. I only took a few pictures.

sr413071.JPG

Unknown skier:
sr413075.JPG

Marc:
sr413072.JPG

Rich:
sr413074.JPG

Marc in the center:
sr413076.JPG

thaller1

Sorry we missed you Friday!! It was EPIC...Flying Monkey, Blind Ambition, Wizard's Gulch, Caramba, Dorothy's Crotch and Hard Core!!...Some of the best skiing of the season....Simply Elegant!!

aveski2000

I think I saw you ahead of us at one point getting off the lift, but you were headed the other way. It was probably one of my best days ever, especially since I just got back into skiing this year, and that includes heli skiing Mt Washington (Tucks) in 1984. I need to get copies of the pictures to prove we did it.