• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River April 17

Vortex

April 17, 2005

Sunday River

Conditions soft Corn snow. Temps in the 50's and 60's Sunny

The Trip really started for us Sat afternoon. We headed across the Kanc Highway and drove past Tucks and wildcat. There was alot of smiling faces coming back to the cars.

We pulled into the Town and country inn www.townandcountryinn.com at about 4.30 and unpacked. The room was big and looked out onto the Androsocoggin golf course. The kids had to find the pool and the game room. Keeping the kids happy is the key to any trip. They were instantly happy . There was Steam room and a Hot Tub and Sauna, next to the deep Pool. I found the lounge and Dining area. There was something for everyone. The price was something I could afford also. The Mrs was happy too. I met people who were at Tucks 15 min away as well as Wildcat and I had just Left Loon on my way to Sunday River. So we all told how good our days had been. The Aura of spring Skiing is Amazing. I would highly suggest this place.

We went to play in the Park in Gorham Nh the kids loved the swings and climbing stuff gave then a chance to enjoy spring and not be on skies with me. :wink:

WE went back to the pool and swam a bit and called it an early night. We go up early and went for a swim the pool opened at 8am my kids were rested and happy to start the day I knew this was going to be an epic day.

I got on the Route 2 about ( 9ish 2 min Later Terry from our board called me and said are you at Sunday River yet. I made some lame excuses blamed the kids and Said i'll be there in 20 min meet us. Terry was more than willing...well Baker parking lot was full and only 1 ticket window open so I was way late. I left Terry a voice mail and We headed over to ski White Cap. We started out on Obsession. I'll tell you it had some snow . We had a blast. My kids were looking at White Heat on the ride up and they were Dad lets do that. Ya I smiled and was proud my day was complete already at 10.30. We all went down pretty well I might add. My daughter was singing away and my son was hooting and hollering and my wife wanted to know if I had a death wish. :p

We headed over to Baker to grab lunch my phone rang it was Terry again giving me a second chance to grab some runs. He took us over to Spruce Peak and we did American Express. Awesome!!!! :D :D :D He then said Risky Business is better. Well we gave it a go. He was right. :D We had to get ready to leave early 3 hour ride home and my wife had an evening event I said we have to go. My son said lets make Mom late. :D I agree and Terry joined us for a run on Monday Mourning. That was the best of the day. Just the most amazing soft wide open run. There was not slush no granular bumps just pure beauty. We had to go. My son said can we come back next weekend.

Everyone had a blast. Got to ski with an AZ buddy, My family had a great time. I did not get Sun Burn. :D Everything was right with Day 59 for Bob R :D My wife was late for her meeting and all was good.

Greg

Staff member
Great report. Sounds like it was an awesome weekend for you. I spent mine working around the house... :blink: That's okay though. The grass is greening up and I got all my small engine motors' oil changed. Put away the snowthrower and got out the mower. A week until mowing season begins. Washed a car too and wore shorts and a tee shirt all day. Spring is here!

Vortex

Greg said:
Great report. Sounds like it was an awesome weekend for you. I spent mine working around the house... :blink: That's okay though. The grass is greening up and I got all my small engine motors' oil changed. Put away the snowthrower and got out the mower. A week until mowing season begins. Washed a car too and wore shorts and a tee shirt all day. Spring is here!

Thankx I'm still smiling first thing I did was write my report.

Terry

My fault about not meeting up earlier BobR. When I ditched my jacket at around 9:00, my cell phone was in the pocket and I forgot to take it out. But we had some nice runs though. I had an awesome weekend. Skied the river sat from 8:00 till noon, then came home and went motorcycle riding for the rest of the day! Then Sunday went to the river at 8:00 and skied till noon, went back to the truck for a beer and got BobR's message so called him. We hooked up for a few runs. That made days 67 and 68 for me! I think I will make 70 no problem if the wheather is good next weekend. Sure has been an awesome season!
:beer:

bvibert

Staff member
Man, I wish I was able to get out skiing this weekend! Your reports are making me wish I found a way to go!

thetrailboss

Staff member
It was a good weekend...a bit too warm at the 'bush on Sunday made the snow turn to water in many places, but it was all good...